Eighteen

Calvin insisted Olivia take the bottom bunk so she wouldn't have to sleep on the couch. He stayed up for over an hour after he moved to the top bunk because Olivia was tossing and turning along with crying her eyes out. Luckily, Calvin was asleep when Olivia got up the next morning. She went into the kitchen and made herself tea along with a piece of toast since she felt sick to her stomach.

"Olivia," Rafael spoke, as he walked from the bedroom he usually shares with Olivia when he isn't being a giant asshole.

"Hi," Olivia sighed softly.

"I think we need to discuss what to do with Calvin. Like where to send him since this isn't working out at all," Rafael spoke as he walked to the coffeepot and made himself coffee. Olivia took a slow breath and watched as the steam rose above her mug of peppermint tea.

"There is no need, Rafael," Olivia replied.

"Why? Did he run away again?" Rafael questioned, as he grew almost giddy at the thought of Calvin being on the streets without anyone to take care of him.

"Don't sound so excited, Rafael Barba. Since you have chosen to be a giant jerk, you will no longer be welcomed here. This is my apartment and I am responsible for Calvin. If you cared enough for me, you'd try to repair things and make this work. Instead, you have decided that you won't try at all and are breaking my heart," Olivia replied, a deep frown settling on her features.

 "Excuse me?" Rafael asked, as he sat his mug down and walked to where Olivia sat. 

"You heard me. I want you out of my apartment by noon, and don't you dare plan on coming back until you fix things with Calvin. Otherwise, we are done and we can co-parent this baby from a distance," Olivia replied, her eyes never leaving her tea. 

Rafael stared at her in shock. After Calvin left, he tried his hardest to get Olivia to forget about Calvin. Once she finally managed to move on, the boy came back and fucked everything up. Rafael was blaming everything on Calvin when he was a big issue as well.

"You have gotta be kidding me, Olivia! I'm your boyfriend and the father of your baby! Calvin is some orphan that keeps fucking everything up for me!" Rafael yelled. Olivia lifted her eyes and gave Rafael an angry look.

"You knew when we got together that Calvin was incredibly important to me and I loved him. He doesn't have a family anymore, so I'm going to be that for him. Without your help, I will be an amazing parent to him and this baby. You can do what you want, but this is no longer your home and I am no longer your girlfriend, especially if you continue to act like this," Olivia spoke. 

Rafael sat across from her and tried his hardest to stay calm and not snap.

"You are making a huge mistake, Olivia," Rafael warned, his voice sharp.

"No, you are. You are too busy being mad at a child that you will be missing out on life with me and our baby. Finish your coffee and pack a bag. You are no longer wanted here."

///

Rafael didn't even finish his coffee. He just packed up his items and left the apartment, slamming the door hard behind him. Olivia called for the locks to be changed and then waited for Casey to call her back.

She was busy making Calvin breakfast when Casey returned her call.

"Hey, Liv. How's everything going with Calvin?" Casey asked. Olivia took a shaky breath as she sat the spatula down and leaned against the counter.

"I kicked Rafael out this morning."

"Wait, what?!"

"I decided he had to go last night, but that was confirmed when he wanted to discuss sending Calvin away. He wanted nothing to do with him, so I had to make one of the hardest decisions of my life," Olivia spoke. 

"Olivia, you're pregnant with his child. How is that going to work?" Casey asked. She had watched Olivia fall in love with Rafael, and now she had watched their relationship implode.

"Well, I plan on staying pregnant, if that is what you were asking. I told him we could co-parent the baby, but it would be at a distance. He will not decide if I can keep Calvin or not, because he hasn't even tried to make things work. So I decided to make my children the priority and not a grown man that is acting like a child," Olivia replied.

Casey's side of the call went silent as she tried to figure out what exactly was happening. After a while, Olivia said her name quietly.

"You were so lost after Calvin left, so I'll try my hardest to support you through this. Do you need me to come over so you can relax?"

"Thank you, Casey... If you want to come over, I won't say no. But I can take care of my kid and process the fact I'm single again."

Olivia ended the call and turned back to Calvin's breakfast. She sat the plate on the table before moving to wake him. Calvin was sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk as he held his backpack to his chest.

"Hey, baby. Are you ready for breakfast?"

"When does Miss Owens come to get me?" Calvin whispered.

"Tiffany isn't coming to get you, Calvin. Rafael is no longer staying here."

"Really?" Calvin asked, as he looked up and locked his eyes on Olivia's face.

"Really. You need me, and I need you too. We have things to discuss, but that can wait. There are pancakes on the table and I may have added chocolate chips to them just for you. So, do you wanna eat?" Olivia asked. Calvin tossed his bag to the floor before sprinting to Olivia.

He hugged her waist tightly as his tears soaked into her shirt once again.

"I love you, Liv," Calvin whimpered.

"I love you too, kid."