Twenty

Tiffany Owens walked into Olivia's office after receiving a message that they needed to talk. Tiffany was worried that Olivia wanted to give Calvin up. She had noticed how well Calvin was doing under Olivia's care. He was finally making progress and getting close to being on track for moving up a grade with the rest of his class.

"Olivia? Is everything okay?" Tiffany asked, her voice full of worry.

"Everything is great, Tiffany. I just needed to have a face-to-face conversation with you," Olivia replied. She stood and walked to her door before calling out to Fin and asking if he could check on Calvin while she was in the meeting. Once she was done, she shut her office door and sat down behind her desk once more.

"Is Calvin not adjusting to your pregnancy well? There are therapies we can enter him in that will help him adjust to being a big brother," Tiffany replied. Olivia smiled softly as she leaned back against her chair.

"Calvin has been nothing but incredibly sweet. He asked if we could get his baby sister a stuffed duck like his, and he loves feeling her move in my belly... That kid is going to be an amazing big brother," Olivia spoke, her eyes full of tears. She couldn't believe that she actually said those things about Calvin, and that they were all true.

"That is a relief to hear. I was so worried that he'd attack you or Rafael," Tiffany replied, letting out a breath she had been holding for a while.

"Actually, Rafael and I broke up. He wasn't adjusting well to having Calvin back, and I made the incredibly difficult decision that Calvin and I need each other more than I need Rafael."

"Oh-"

"It's okay, Tiffany. We have adjusted well. To get straight to the point of this meeting... Calvin asked me to adopt him last night. I made sure to confirm with him that he knows what that means, and he is certain that he wants me to be his legal mother," Olivia spoke, her face brightening with a large smile.

Tiffany took a shaky breath and smiled as she looked at Olivia. They had gone through some pretty difficult times together since Calvin was given to Olivia. Now Tiffany was able to watch as Calvin was finally adopted by the woman who loved him with her entire heart.

"I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that, Olivia. I can draft the paperwork tonight and deliver it in a few days."

///

Olivia sent Calvin home with Casey after she realized how much paperwork she had to complete before midnight. Her detectives stayed to finish their own, only stopping to eat dinner together then going back to working. As the evening wore on, Olivia sent her detectives home as they finished the paperwork. Eventually, she was alone and got caught up in her thoughts as she moved on autopilot.

"Hey," A man's voice said. Olivia quickly shook her head and turned to look at the doorway. Rafael stood there, his face covered in a thick beard.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing here?"

"I came by to drop some stuff off downstairs and passed all your detectives. I didn't see you, so I thought I'd come up and check if you were here. Which you are," Rafael replied, awkwardly.

"Yup, I've let my paperwork pile up too much. So I had to stay much later than usual," Olivia replied.

Rafael looked around the room and noticed that she had taken down all the pictures of them and replaced them with pictures of herself and Calvin.

"You can go home, Rafael," Olivia spoke. Rafael nodded slowly, before stepping closer and glancing down at Olivia's stomach. He could just barely see it behind her desk.

"Twenty weeks, right?" He asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yup, twenty weeks and right on track for an early August delivery," Olivia replied.

"Do you know what the baby is?" Rafael breathed.

"I do," She replied plainly.

"Liv-"

"I don't think you deserve to small talk your way into finding out what the sex of our child is. You blocked me on everything and just lucked out that I hate paperwork and let it pile up and was able to see me," Olivia sighed.

Rafael frowned deeply as he turned and moved away from her office. As he reached the doorway, he turned to look at Olivia.

"I still can't believe that you just threw me away. Took all the pictures of us down and replaced them with pictures of him. You won't even tell me what our child is, when their DNA is half mine. You did all of this for a boy that is a menace to society and is going to probably kill you one day," Rafael huffed.

Olivia smiled at him, as she leaned forward and folded her hands on her desk.

"That is why I chose him over you. This attitude is why I 'threw you away'. If you wanted to be a part of the baby's life, you wouldn't have blocked me on everything. You would have been there when I found out the sex of our baby and would be helping Calvin and I come up with names. Instead, you are a big man baby who thinks the world revolves around him and that what he says goes. I hate to break it to you, but it isn't attractive and I'm so much happier without you bogging me down," Olivia spoke, smiling the entire time.

Rafael shook his head and stomped from the squadroom, a string of swear words following him as he left.

Her Boy [A Benson Fan Fic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें