New York, X Colorado part two

The next day

Colorado woke up and got ready to go over to New York's house. He teleported over to New York's house and rang the doorbell. buffalo answered the door " Oh hey Colorado. Do you need anything?" the teenager asked " can I come in?"Colorado asked Buffalo have to think for a second" yeah let me just go get my dad let him know that you're here" buffalo said. " Okay "

Buffalo went to get New York" hey Dad, Colorado is here to see you. I think you should talk to him." buffalo said.  " fine I'll talk to him this better be quick." New York said begrudgingly.

Colorado's jaw dropped when he saw New York who had grown his beard out over the past year. His hair was longer too." what the fuck you want." New York said.

He hasn't seen any other states besides Vermont in over a year. " Chill I just wanna talk." Colorado said." come on in"the two walks into the living room" so what do you want to talk about?"New York asked Colorado " I wanna talk about you" Colorado says in a concerned tone.

New York knew that Colorado wanted to talk about him. He took a deep breath and said, "Alright, what's on your mind?"Colorado looks at New York with concern and said " I've noticed that you haven't come to the State House and Table meetings lately and I just wanna to check in and see how are you doing?" New York looked down. He knew that sending NYC to meetings wasn't going to last forever.

New York looked up at Colorado and sighed" yeah,I haven't come over to the state house and I have been sending my oldest son to the table meetings I've just been busy with the kids and work, and avoiding Georgia"he said, his voice trailing off. Colorado picked up on New York's last comment and responded, "Ah, so that's what this is about." Colorado said it out loud. " do you want to talk about it? It might help I know you tend to keep everything inside and you know that's not good for you." he said, showing genuine concerned

New York took a moment to gather his thoughts before finally speaking up. "I guess it would be okay to talk about it," he said, his voice filled with hesitation.

Colorado noticed this and
reassured him, "We don't have to if you're not ready, but Yorkie, it's been a year. I think it's time to talk about it." He gently placed his hand on New York's shoulder, half-expecting him to pull away, " I feel like an idiot last year when we got together I thought if we broke up, I would just go back to doing when I used to do when I was single. I didn't realize how badly this break up would affected me in the worst part of it is, I lost one of my best friends." he says, as tears start streaming down his face.
Colorado wraps his arms around New York and pulls him in for a hug. New York stays still stand for a moment, then hugs back and cries into Colorado's arms.

"Shhh everything's gonna be okay York you need to remember to take care of yourself. I know you've been busy with the kids and work but you need to take care of yourself if you want I can stay here with you you and the kids for a while to help out" Colorado says as he rubs New York's back " of course you can you know you're basically part of this family" New York said.New York, pulled away from the hug he looked at the clock. It was getting to be lunchtime. " do go get your stuff then come back and I'll have lunch ready." New York said, hoping he wouldn't say no. " yeah, of course let me just go get my stuff and I'll be right back." Colorado said as he teleported away.
New York got up from the couch and for the first time in a while he genuinely smiled. On his way to the kitchen. He passed a mirror in the hallway. He looked at it and saw he had us that he needed to shave and possibly a haircut. So he went upstairs to his bathroom and grabbed his razor and shaved his beard. Then he called his hairdresser Alejandro and scheduled an appointment.

New York head downstairs grabbed some ingredients to make spaghetti and meatballs for lunch " kids come here " New York said the kids that were at home came downstairs" I need you guys to set the table please we're having Colorado over for lunch and he staying for a while" New York explain to his children " OK Dad nice shave by the way" buffalo said as he grabbed the plates and hand them to Albany.

By the time Colorado gets back with his stuff lunch is ready and on the table ready to be served the kids came running up to Colorado to hug him " OK I've missed you guys too Now go sit down we can all catch up at lunch." Colorado says to the teenagers and preteens

They all sit at the table and eat their meals and enjoying a conversation with each other" so tell me has the Fed noticed that NYC has been going to the meetings instead of me?" New York asks Colorado laughs and says" no he hasn't noticed. It's hilarious. Most of the country knows that it's not you some of the country mainland or south, except for Texas and Um your ex knows that it's not you" Colorado explains everyone at the table laughs " Are you guys betting on it?" Albany asks curiously." Albany that's not nice, but no Colorado seriously answer her question" New York said curious curious as well

" actually yeah we are having a bet on it " Colorado says. He was going to say something about New York coming back to the meetings, but he didn't want to rush things.

They finish their lunch Colorado goes to get settled in his room. New York goes into his office to do a little bit more paperwork.

To be continued