29

It wasn't the first time she woke up and didn't know where she was. It was the first time she had woken up alone and didn't know where she was.

Sitting up, she took off her sandals because her feet were killing her, then she pushed all her curly hair out of her face so she could see.

It was still dark outside and for some reason she was in her new truck, which was parked in her backyard right where the rose bushes were planted.

Her mom was the gardener. She loved this garden and once she passed away, her dad hired someone to keep it going.

Quinn climbed out of the cab of her truck and tried to not step on anything that would hurt. Other than her own mess, the outside wasn't too bad. Some beer cans and cups, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up. She hoped the same could be said about the inside.

She made her way in. There were a couple of dudes passed out on her couch and one at the foot of the stairs. She had just opened the door to her room when she caught Ryker coming out of one of the spare rooms wearing nothing but jeans and carrying his shoes.

Seeing her, he winced, but that didn't stop him from returning the kiss that a sleepy Jake had just plastered on his face.

Jake didn't see her and slipped back into the room. Ryker came her way. "He said you'd be cool letting everyone think I stayed the night with you."

"Sure. Did we have an all nighter?"

He offered her a relived smile. "It was one of my better performances, or at least he looked more into it than you ever did."

"Good for you. Hurt him and I swear I'll cut your balls up and serve them to you for dinner."

He winced again. "It isn't like that. We just had some fun."

"Fun is good. Just remember what I said."