24

The first thing she did was send Debbie and... the housekeeper home. Next, she went to her dad's liquor cabinet and played any, many, Moe until she had a bottle of his best in her hand.

Jake grabbed his own.

"Just so we're clear, you're not to touch my dad. I'd spend the rest of my life throwing up if you did." He promised.

"There is a good possibility I would, too."

Taking a long drink, she headed up the stairs, but instead of going into her room, she went into her old room.

Jake's eyes widened.

"If you want out, now is the time to do it."

He smiled. "If you're going down, then I'm going down with you."

"Funny thing, I realized I'm not scared of her."

"You never were. She just caught you at a really tough time. Any other time, you would have shoved your fist down her throat."

"My dad says I'm not like my mom, but you know what I remember about her? The woman didn't take shit from anyone. She was the most caring, giving woman in the world, but she'd so cram her fist in someone's face if she thought the person deserved it."

"She definitely would. God, my dad hated your mom because she wasn't afraid to let him have it and he knew he couldn't say a damn thing to her. If he did, your father would have sent him packing. He'd eat his left nut to be a partner."

She grimaced, took a drink, then put her bottle down. "I want everything out. Not one damn piece of pink left."

"Where are we putting it?"

"At the bottom of the stairs, of course."

Her dad came home late, took one look, and said he'd be away for a few days. Em was MIA and has been since her last fight with her kid. After the whole weekend fighting and screaming, Piper had taken her and the girls off for a retreat.

Quinn knew they were probably making their plans to destroy her.

She wished them luck.

During her and Jake's party the doorbell rang. When she saw an angry Noah standing there, she looked back at Jake, but he was making a fast getaway.

"You don't like his drinking, take it up with him. I'm not opening his mouth and pouring it in."

"No, you're just handing it to him."

"Are you here to party or be a downer?"

"You already know the answer to that."

"Yep."

"You will not, under any circumstance, sleep with my dad."

She leaned against the door. She and Jake hadn't even drunk that much. They were having too much fun.

Behind her was a huge pile of Piper's things. Some of it would be fine, some of it would be destroyed. Someone definitely had to be recording Piper's face when she saw all of it, because Quinn needed that memory to last a lifetime.

"It would solve all of your problems. I'm underage for a few more weeks and we'll lose our leverage if we don't act fast."

Judging by his face he didn't know rather to blow his lid or blow chunks.

"Hey, I'm willing to take one for the team."

"You can't sleep with my dad."

"I might not even have to. I just need to do enough that I can get pictures that look like___."

He gripped her shoulders. "Stop acting like this is a joke." He ordered.

"I'm not joking. It__."

He shook her. His eyes crazed at the thought of what she was suggesting. Instead of backing away from him, she stepped closer to him.

"You will not let him touch you, Quinn. Do you understand me? You can't." His voice was desperate.

"Okay."

"I'd never forgive you. I'd... you can't let him touch you. Not him. I couldn't live with knowing___."

She caught his face. "Okay, Noah. I won't do it."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

She'd never done anything to make this boy believe anything she's ever said, but she could see that he did believe her. She could see that he was calming down about the thought of her with his father, but he was anything but calm.

He was breathing hard. His eyes going from crazed at her to crazed for her with just a blink of his eyes.

"I should go."

She moved closer. Her thumb fanned across his lips. "I think you should stay."

"Your father."

"Isn't here."

"You broke up with me."

"This won't be about that."

Some of his fire died away. "I can't, Quinn. I promised myself that the next girl I'm with will be one who wants me as much as I want her. About my dad, Jake and I can take care of ourselves."

"I do want you. I don't think I've ever wanted anyone as much as___."

His mouth was on her before she could say more.

She'd missed this. Missed him.

They stumbled backwards until they were in the house, then he pulled her closer. His lips going to her neck.

When she couldn't stop her whimper from escaping, he pulled away so he could look at her.

"Noah."

Whatever he saw sent him over the edge. When he lifted her, she wrapped her legs around his waist.

When he headed for the stairs, she pulled her mouth away from his. "Too much stuff, you'll trip. Sitting room or dad's office."

He headed for the sitting room and since she couldn't get his clothes off, she went to work getting hers off.