7

After three years of being on Piper's bad side and her good side, she probably knew Piper better than anyone knew her.

            She'd be pissed that Quinn just passed her in the game, but she'd be more pissed if Quinn hadn't played at all.

            With Piper, you had to play the lesser of two evils.

            If she hadn't participated, Piper would have been insulted. No matter what you do, you never act like you're better than Piper Wilson.

            Iris knew this too, and that's why she was standing here watching Piper leave them behind.  Underneath a heavy coat of makeup, the other girl had red-rimmed eyes.

            Iris was fool enough not to have any points yet.

            Quinn got left behind because she was ahead in the game. She couldn't care less but Iris didn't handle stress well. The girl knew if she didn't have any points by morning then

            It was actually a short list since people usually didn't piss off Piper.

            Quinn heaved her purse on her shoulder and ignored the girl standing next to her. She had a hard time feeling sorry for Iris. Only a dummy would have fallen for a guy right now. If she planned on doing that, she should have waited till she went away to college. No way Piper was going to let the other girl be in a happy, healthy relationship.

            Iris should also be glad her boy was as poor as a rock and not that much to look at. Instead of seducing him, all Piper did was goad the other girl endlessly about how a boy was going to act while he was away at college and away from his hometown girlfrie

            She picked and picked at that wound until Iris couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. Then the girl kept accusing him of flirting. Wanting to know where he was at all the hours of the day and night.

            Dude held on until Iris couldn't take it anymore and broke up with him.

            Her parents were so worried about her they took her away for the whole damn summer. Lucky girl.        

            Well, maybe not. Now she was officially on the same boat as Quinn. And that boat was dubbed 'On Piper's last nerve.'

             The fact that Piper and Rylee left them let them know where they stood with Piper.

            This was the whole damn reason Piper insisted on driving on Fridays. She wanted whoever she was upset with to have to sit here until she came back for the game.

            They weren't the type of friends to sit down and talk about how unfair Piper was, mostly because if it ever got back to Piper, their bodies would probably go missing.

            There wasn't a part of her that didn't think her stepsister could stoop to murdering someone. The only reason she hadn't yet is because she enjoyed torturing people more.

            Leaving Iris to it, Quinn headed for the tree on the other side of the parking lot. Once away from the other girl, she smiled.

            Did her stepsister really think being left behind would bother her? She'd sit under the tree and smoke as many cigarettes as she wanted to and maybe even read a little. Then, when Piper returned, she'd act as pissed as she could.

            Barely controlled anger.

            Piper would like that reaction better than the sad puppy looks Iris was going to give her.

            She was halfway to the tree when she realized she was having a damn good day. She had another apple in her purse, more free time, and Anthony just blew her mind. She'd even let him keep his locker.

            Not a bad day at all.