19

It wasn't the first time she's woke up mid throwing up.

"Jake, what were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I needed to talk to her."

"That doesn't explain the drinking."

"It's the only way she was going to listen to me."

There was more throwing up, and she was almost completely sure it wasn't her. Almost completely sure. She peaked to make sure.

Jake had managed to get outside Noah's truck before he started puking. She was still in it. She looked closer and saw that Noah's football helmet had at least caught most of it. Though Jake must have been holding it, because now it was dumped on the floorboard.

She was very thankful when she sat up and the world wasn't spinning anymore.

Noah looked at her. His eyes narrowed in anger. He picked her up anyway and headed towards his house.

"I can't believe you got him drunk. How could you?"

"Noah, don't. I make my own choices, remember?"

"Maybe so, but it was her alcohol. You never drink and she stays drunk more than she's sober."

"My choice, and you're making a choice right now. Don't excuse me just because you're worried about me."

For the second time, she was shoved into his shower. This time fully dressed. He held her up because she couldn't seem to stand on her own.

"Go clean up, Jake, then I want you back in here so I can see you."

Noah hissed when she lightly touched his busted lips.

"We're lucky we got out of there before the cops were called. Do you ever think before you do something? My dad is waiting for any excuse to throw Jake's ass out. Any excuse, and you decide to get drunk on school grounds, then get him a fight?"

"I was fighting, not him. And I told him not to drink. Or smoke."

"Smoke? You gave him pot? Damn it, Quinn. Who did you get it from this time?"

"I'm not telling you. Daniel still won't take my money, thanks to you."

He ordered. "Try to stand up."

She tried.

Sighing, he anchored her with one hand and tried to undress her with the other. It was a long ordeal, but she was clean. He pushed a towel towards her, then scooped her up again.

That couldn't be easy since she was as tall as him.

Instead of laying her in his bed, he jerked his door open and headed down the hallway. At Jake's room, he kicked the door opened and dropped her in his brother's bed.

"Jake?" Noah asked as he headed for the bathroom where more vomiting sounds were coming from.

"I'm good. Give me a minute."

Noah stopped and narrowed his eyes at her. "What were you thinking?"

"I try not to."

"Damn it, Quinn, don't you ever think about anyone but yourself? He doesn't need this right now."

"I told him to stay away. I told you to stay away. No one listens to me. I was doing fine on my own."

"You haven't been fine for a long time, so stop pretending you have been."

Jake didn't look so good when he came out. He tried to manage a smile when he saw her. "You're the pro. Have a cure for this?"

"Sleep it off. Don't drink water and don't look at the ceiling fan. I have another bottle in my purse. That will___."

Noah got in her face. "Don't even say it."

"I've always thought you're hot when you're pissed off at me."

His anger disappeared as he looked at her with regret. "You broke up with me, remember?"

"What does that have to do with it?"

"Maybe nothing to you, but it does to me. I'll be back to check on both of you in a little bit."