8

Knowing Piper could show back up at any moment, Quinn put her book back in her bag and threw the rest of her apple away.

            She was lighting a cigarette when she caught Noah watching her from where he was standing with a few of his friends. She had the impression that he was feeling sorry for her.

            Which pissed her off, so she flipped him off.

            And if that was why he was having a hard time breaking up with her, then he could get over it. He didn't know her. He knew nothing about her. No one did.

            His friends laughed. One of them motioned her to sit on his lap.

            She wondered if Noah would think she was so pathetic if he knew that she had sat on his friend's lap a few weeks ago. If anyone was pathetic, it was him. There wasn't one person who probably didn't laugh behind his back because he was dating someone who they hooked up with all the time.

            Well, not all of them. Ryker was a one-time thing, even if he'd like more. Theo was a regular. Cody happened when Noah was sick and missed a game.

            Jensen was his best friend. Not exactly cute and he sucked at football, but she could arrange to make his day. That would earn her some extra points and teach Noah to look at her like she was the sad one.

            He could be like her and not give a damn, but then why the look?

            It wasn't like he didn't mess around, too. She knew for a fact that he hooked up with Jensen's cousin last weekend. She also knew that he had a thing for Melissa Peters. Has since ninth grade, but the girl wouldn't give him the time of day. Probably because he didn't have the balls to tell her how he feels.

            That's pretty sad.

            Piper drove up in her convertible. If she couldn't have pink, she picked red. Two of the guys standing there went to open the door for her and Rylee. Both were already dressed in their cheer outfits, and both had coffee drinks in their hands.

            Piper hated coffee, but she knew Quinn would kill for some.

            She flirted with all the boys, but before she could get to Noah, he was already walking away because he spotted his brother.

            Piper looked pointedly at her, and she knew she was being summoned.

            "Really, Quinn, do you have to look like such an outcast?"

            She'd had her down time and now it was time to get back to working it. She eyed her stepsister. "Did you happen to get me one of those?"

            "Sorry, Hon, I forgot. Let's get you ready for the game. You look like crap."

            "As if that's possible." An arm snaked around Quinn's waist, and she was backed up into Presley. "I think she looks good enough to eat."

            Presley was a good five inches shorter than her, and he never learned.

            She turned into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. Some of the other boys were already snickering.

            She might mess around, but no one touched her without her permission.

            Quinn bit his ear just hard enough to get his attention. "Grab me again and I'll bite it right off."

            "That's okay, baby, I like it rough." He yelled when she walked away.

            "Really? Do you have to be such a vulgar hussy?" Piper asked as soon as they entered the dressing room.

            "Sure. Being a hussy is going to come in handy in the next few weeks."