Chapter Twenty Seven.

"Oh my, Elly, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

I laughed nervously, embarrassment withering inside of me. "H-He's not my—"

"Oh wow, you're a cute one aren't ya?" My gaze landed on Sophia, who was smiling stupidly at Rindou. Putting her hands behind her back, she hurried over to join my mother and me. Everything I felt transformed into rage at the realization that she was doing deliberately.

"Back off–"

"Can I borrow him? Thanks." While I was talking, Sophia grabbed Rindou by the arm, flashed me a wink, and pulled him away from me. Confused and obviously hurt, I watched as Sophia and Rindou made it over to the register. My mind raced with questions as to why she was acting so petty, leaving me standing there mid-sentence. Feeling like I wanted to drag her by her blonde hair, I couldn't help but wonder what she was trying to do.

I saw nothing but a sea of red. I felt like a bull in a ring, and I really wanted to ram my horns into her body. Everything I was thinking was vile. She was much past her prime to be a flame of his, and she certainly wasn't his type. Sophia was clearly too much for him; in fact, she was too much for everyone.

"Mija." Mom attempted to divert my attention away from Sophia as she fed him treats. Rindou gave her a sly grin and mumbled something I couldn't catch. Sophia's fake laughter reverberated around the space.

"Oh Rin, you're so funny!"

I clenched my hands and growled. "Im gonna fuck her up." Despite my mother being in earshot, I cursed. Instantly, my feet sprang into action, but I was yanked back by a powerful set of arms. Raising my head, I saw Ran looking down at me with his eyebrow raised.

"And what exactly do you think you're doing?" He chuckled low.

"I'm going to kill her." I responded, refocusing my attention on both of them. As Rindou distributed the goods with a friendly grin, Sophia rang them up and collected payment from the customers. Her gaze kept returning to his, and the feeling of jealousy that swept over me was overwhelming.

Ran's husky chuckle filled my left ear as he leaned down to me, "I could've sworn I warned you that you wouldn't last long."

"Ran, get away from me." I told him as I side eyed him. I didn't want to hear the 'I told you so' comment. Rindou wouldn't want Sophia even if she was the last piece of ass that walked this earth, everyone including my own mother knew that.

"Are you really going to cause a fuss over my baby brother in front of your fundraiser?" Ran asked, pulling back.

I didn't want to agree with him, but he was right. It wasn't the best idea to make a scene about something as trivial as this. I couldn't decide whether to not give a fuck and just grab Rindou away from her or let it go. Given how the fundraiser was progressing, giving up was the only option.

"Here, why don't I stick with you. It's only fair–"

"No thanks." I scoff while turning around and walking past Ran. His chuckle was heard behind me but I paid no mind to it. There was no way that I would let Ran stick with me just to make Rin jealous, though, it was a good idea. I didn't want to add fuel to the fire but the way Sophia was acting with him...bothered the fuck out of me.

"Ran, come here." I said picking up a pumpkin spice cookie. From the corner of my eye, I could see Rindou looking at me. Taking a bite, I hummed at the sweet, delicate taste of the soft treat. "You have to try this." I giggled as Ran approached me.