Chapter Six

┊ ┊
˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

Regret.

Having sex with Daichi made me regret it so much that I passed out and woke up the next day. My mind was still hazy, but I remembered what happened. It happened so quickly that I couldn't ignore it.

One minute I was sad, the next I was underneath Daichi like one of his whores. One thing I refused to be was that. I grabbed my clothes that morning and headed out the door, I left nothing behind.

After my phone died, I didn't realize how worried my mom was until I turned it on. She texted me 40 times, called me 50 times, and left 45 voicemails. I was in for a treat when I got home. Rindou contacted me three times, but I did not receive a text message. I was on the verge of termination for not making a call or showing up. Murayama texted me ten times and called me twenty.

As if my life couldn't have gotten any worse.

I used a little app called find my iPhone instead of asking Daichi for the second time where Rindou was. It had completely slipped my mind that it existed. It was sickening to sit in front of my kitchen table, staring at the address for so long.

After fighting with myself and my mind, the only option left was to fucking go since that asshole had my shit. I was too busy to stop and ask him for my notepad earlier today when he and his friends showed up at my job.

(The only reason why I showed up at my job was that something happened with the safe.)

The clinic was closed today so I got out of a lecture from Dr. Knavish, I was lucky. I wasn't exactly in the mood for a lecture anyways.

I stood outside Rindou's large house. It must've been nice to live in a place like this. The front yard had a white picket fence, and flowers blooming with weeds all around. The grass was as green as green could be, I was thankful that my allergies weren't fucking me up right now.

Taking deep breaths and clenching my fists, I talked to myself. "Okay...just knock, ask for it back. If he doesn't, just kick his ass." Three times, I knocked on the door. The advice my mom gave me was to knock three times, and if you don't hear anything, try again the next day.

There was a faint sound of footsteps coming from the other side. It was my prayer to the gods that this was the wrong house. There was a pounding in my chest. My head went blank as though I had just lost everything that I was going to tell him. All this happened over a stupid notepad. If he had kept his hands to himself, I would not be here today.

My body jumped at the twist of the doorknob. "What the hell do you want?" Rindou stood against the doorframe, shirtless with just basketball shorts on, his blonde and blue hair pulled back into a bun and two pieces trailing down his face. He was the one who pissed me off the most but also made me want to crumble. "Well, well, well."

Despite my desire to sock off that sly grin, I couldn't stop looking at his tattoos. After hearing Rindou chuckle, my eyes flicked up to his face, he dragged his tongue across his bottom lip and bit it. Oh, my mouth watered, and my mind filled with indecent thoughts. I swallowed and tried to speak, but I could not.

"You good?"

After a few moments, I regained my composure and crossed my arms under my breasts. "Where is my notepad?" I asked firmly.

Rindou perked his eyebrow up, "is that any way to ask the man who saved your life?"

I became angry. I had to calm myself down because it was clear that he had guests over since they were all poking their heads out from behind him in the living room.

"Rindou--"

"Come in." Rindou turned around and entered his house.

For a few seconds, I stared. Did he really want me to go inside?! This man is bat shit cray cray. As I crossed the threshold of the house, I was overcome with a sense of homeliness. The air was filled with the fresh scent of laundry.