Chapter Two

. ˚
* *     ⊹ ˚ .   .
⊹ · ✧    * *
.    ⊹ ✦   ✵      *
* .  ·
.     *

"Can you please come to clinicals with me?" Daichi looked at me with compassionate eyes as we stood up from our chairs, and I pouted.

"You know I have football practice," Daichi said, taking his belongings and pacing next to me.

"I'm sure your coach will let you off the hook," I sighed, throwing my head back.

Daichi drew his bottom lip between his teeth before guffawing at me. "Oh, yeah? Do you want me to tell Hale that I skipped practice to go see a pretty lady?"

I gritted my teeth and pulled his face away with my palm, "I hope you tear your ACL."

Daichi put his right hand on his chest dramatically, "Nana, I'm hurt."

I blew my bangs out of my face and crossed my arms under my enormous breasts, yes, believe me, I wanted to get rid of them.

"I'd blame you for my ACL problems, and you'd have to take care of me." Daichi wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I looked up at him. With a mischievous grin on his lips, his blueish-brown orbs looked down at me.

"I'll tear it for you."

We both laughed briefly before being interrupted by the girl who was enamored with him. "Dai Chan!" Chloe smiled as she hurried towards him.

Daichi's eyebrow twitched as I pushed his hand away from my body, "see ya." I gave him the side eye, a grin on my lips. "Dai Chan."

It wasn't difficult to see that he was smirking as a result of my mockery. Daichi was entertaining when he wasn't surrounded by the girls he'd slept with the night before. It was unsettling and annoying to be asked the same questions again and over, which mostly consisted of questioning if we were together.

I looked down at the time as I walked down the stairs. 11:00. I had to leave to get to work at 11:30 a.m. Was I going to arrive on time? Were my bakers present? While I walked down the university's marble steps, so many questions flashed through my mind.

I was only going to work to make the schedule for everyone and do inventory. Additionally, before going to clinicals, I wanted to make sure that everyone was doing their jobs. My favorite place to be was in the children's hospital, where I helped them as a hobby. All I could think about was how excellent a doctor I'd become. How I could make my life and my mother's life more pleasant, not that it wasn't already, but we both had problems.

As enjoyable as thinking about the future was, I was already at the bakery. The door was wide open, with the sign revealing our new menu holding it open and letting the cool breeze in. "Elly!" Dylan spoke while the room was filled with cheerful people.

I let out a giggle. "hey Dyl. Are you okay?"

He gestured to the tip jar with a brief nod and a cup in his hand. "Look at this."

I shifted my gaze to the glass tip jar, which held a large collection of dollar bills and coins. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Make sure to split it."

I walked inside my little, homey office with a "yes" behind me. I removed my jacket and placed it on the back of my cozy rolling chair. I yawned while I scrolled down the emails for the shipments on my laptop. It was the rocky road muffins, which were only available for a limited time.

"Hey, Elly?"

I shifted my attention from the laptop to Marie, and a faint smile appeared on her lips. "I wanted to apologize about yesterday." Even though it was unexpected, I could tell Daichi had said something to her. Maria was compassionate but not remorseful.