Chapter Fourteen.

"I have another job for you."
┊               ┊
˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀

"You...I'm sorry, a what?!" I jeered at Mikey. My relationship was at stake, and I had done enough already.

What more could he want from me?

"Thanks to you, we found their spots, but we don't know their plans. We need to know so we can use it against them." Sanzu donned a false smile.

"I'll come by Rindou's place later so we can discuss this." I pivoted over to the door and unlocked it, removing the break sign. "Dyl, Yuki, Marie! Come on, we've got work to do!" My hand rested on my hip as I giggled.

"I'll grab the muffins!"

"No, I'll grab them!"

"Fuck you both, I want them!"

The three exchanged insults as they made their way to the back of the shop. "I'll bring snacks for you guys." I moved closer to the cash register.

"Elly Chan!"

I beamingly smiled when I saw Ren and her mother. "Ren! Hello, sweetheart." I stopped working and knelt down to give her a greeting. I caught a stray hair as it dropped and tucked it behind my ear. "How are you?"

She retreated from her mother and leaped around. "Mommy has told me that we have another appointment together, hehe. Will you perform for me like you did before?" My face flushed at her query, and my heart beat quickly at Rindou's giggle.

"I-I..."

"You're the only one I'll allow to draw blood for her; I don't trust anyone else." With her arms folded, the mother spoke. I chuckled a little, then got to my feet.

"I'll see to it that she's on my roster. I would be delighted to help her." I had won her over because of the expression on her face. It had been made public about her and Ikuya's conflict. Eventually, Knavish was probably going to discuss it with me.

I took a big breath and put my hands on my hips after offering Ren and her mother complimentary sweets and bidding them farewell. I felt conceited because Rindou and his friends were around to see Ren's favoritism.

Questioningly, Kakucho arched his brow. "What are you going to school for?"

"She's going to be the best pediatrician this planet has ever seen." Yuki spun around behind the cashier.

Looking back at them caused my face to go warm, and Marie laughed. "I advised her to pursue singing because her voice could carry her." Marie gave me a wink.

Nothing was better than having three aches in my asses motivating me to accomplish things, especially when they talked about me like that in front of the males.

"Okay, enough stroking my phantom ego." I laughed as I turned around to face the showcase. I put on a glove and began packaging some snacks.

After blinking, Marie stooped to my level. "Are you certain that it isn't your boyfriend?"

"I am quite certain. He frequently visits." I couldn't tell Marie that we were beneficial to each other, so I lied, but her next words made me pause what I was doing.

"You know you don't have to lie to me. Even if my brother likes you, I believe this one is preferable than Daichi. Your secret is safe with me, so don't be concerned." I returned my gaze to Marie, who winked at me again while placing her index finger on her lower lip. "I'll be true to my word."

What should I do?

Should I smile?

Would I be better off avoiding this conversation?