Chapter 30

"Yevgeny?" Angel asked nervously as she entered his bedroom later that afternoon.

"Kitten," he smiled as he sat down his gun that he was cleaning then wiped his hand on a clean hand towel. She walked over to him and he chuckled as he pulled her onto his lap so she was sitting sideways.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed softly. "Yevgeny."

"Da, Kitten?" he asked curiously. He didn't really like the tone in her voice, why would she be nervous talking to him. He knew that she knew she could talk to him about anything and he would always be honest with her, even if she didn't like the answer he would give her.

She took a deep breath then hid her face in the crook of his neck, "Did you kill him?" she asked nervously. Her breath tickled his skin but he forced himself not to react to it.

"Da," Raven admitted. "He try kill Ninja Luke, almost kill you, he need die."

"Are you in trouble for it?" she asked with fear in her voice. He felt a couple of tears hit his neck so he pulled her back to where he could look at her.

"Nyet," he promised. "I save Ninja Luke and your life, I nyet any trouble." He placed a kiss on her nose and sighed, "I nyet try kill him, want to real bad but knew Blackbourne, Axel want answers. I shoot wound him, he still try kill so I had kill."

She hugged him, "Thank you, Yevgeny," she whispered as she tightened her hug.

"Da, Kitten," he smirked as he kissed her hair. "Always protect family." He sighed and kissed her temple again, "You mad?"

She looked up at him in shock, "Why would I be mad?" He opened his mouth as realization crossed her mind, "Oh Yevgeny, no I'm not mad that you killed him. I promise, I'm actually relieved that you did." She cupped his cheek and smiled, "I don't have to look over my shoulder anymore worrying if he is going to come back. I'm not scared anymore and it's because of you. You took my fear away, my Bear, you killed it once and for all," she whispered as she pressed her forehead to his, "thank you."

"Anything for Kitten, for family," Raven smiled. "Ya lyublyu tebya, moy kotenok. (I love you, My Kitten)"

She beamed then blushed, "I love you, My Bear."

"Promise?" he asked as he held her chin between his thumb and finger.

She giggled, "I promise I am not mad at you for killing him. I am very happy that you did. Do you promise that it isn't on your conscious haunting you?"

Raven burst out laughing, making him tighten his grip on her hips. She smiled at his full belly laugh, making warmth coat her, "I promise, Kitten. Nyet worry about soul, he very bad man, he deserve it. Nyet bother me any bit."

She leaned forward and hugged him tightly. "My Bear."

"Da," He whispered back, "Your Bear, My Kitten."

"Da," she repeated, "Forever."

"Alright Lovebirds, Angel's afternoon snack is ready," Marc chuckled as he leaned against the doorframe, watching them with a gleam in his eyes. "How are you feeling, Beautiful? Need a nap? Blackbourne said you might need one."

"Why?" Raven asked curiously.

"Had nightmare," she pouted. "You took me back to him because you were going overseas again." She blinked back some tears as she thought about it, "You threw away my jewelry."

"Never," Raven growled.

"I know," she nodded as she wiped her eyes, "Owen helped me calm down and even showed me the papers for the Academy stating that I have to go with you when you go on any out of state. It helped a lot plus it helped seeing my jewelry still on me."

"Good," both said in unison.

"Come on, Beautiful," Marc said as he walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "Let's get you that snack before your nap."

"You're making me seem like a child," she pouted. "I'm not a child."

"No you aren't," Marc chuckled, "but you are still recovering and as Doc loves to tell us–"

"Rest is the best medicine," all three said at the same time. Raven and Marc chuckled while Angel rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she sighed, "but you have to nap with me."

"As much as I would love to I need to head to the store and get some groceries," Marc smiled. "And Raven has work this afternoon."

"I nap with Kitten until need leave," Raven shrugged. "No big."