Chapter 23

"Oh, wow Axel," she gasped. Her eyes lit up as she entered the aquarium and rushed over to the first tank she saw. "Oh, so pretty," she whispered in awe as she watched the different fish swimming around.

"Come on, Doll," Axel chuckled as he grabbed her hand and started leading her to another tank.

"Oh, look at that," she gasped as she tried to pull out of his hand to go look at the tank of jellyfish. "You have jellyfish now, Axel?"

He chuckled, "Yes, we do, now come along."

"But I want to see the jellyfish," she pouted. "Please, Axel, I want to watch them float."

"For a few minutes," he caved smirking. "But then there is a lot more to see."

"You want to see everything before we have to get back home for lunch, right Beautiful?" Marc asked.

"Oh yeah," she giggled, "let's go." She took off walking to the next tank to what was in it.

"Told you," Marc chuckled at Axel as they watched her rush to the next one.

After an hour of chasing after her, Axel chuckled and grabbed her wrist once she stopped at the tank where the otters were playing. "Alright Doll, I think it's time we use this," he said as he wrapped something around her wrist.

She looked down to see a leather bracelet wrapped around her wrist with a chain link attached to the one that was around Axel's wrist. "I'm drifting off again, aren't I?" she giggled.

"Yes, you are, Beautiful," Marc nodded. "You wandered off when Axel was trying to answer some guests' questions and I was checking on the grocery delivery on my phone. We know you are excited, and we will see everything but if you keep getting distracted then we will end up missing something trying to find out where you went, and we will have to leave to meet Owen and North for lunch at home. This is just to keep all of us on track."

"You don't have one," She pouted.

"I'm not leaving Axel's side either," he pointed out. "But I can wear it instead of Axel if we need to take turns being with you."

"Now, come on, I want to show you something special," Axel said excitedly as he started to lead her around the corner, but Marc covered her eyes at the last moment.

She felt Marc press up behind her and she smiled as she felt them lead her to another spot. She trusted them and knew they wouldn't let her trip. Marc removed his hands and Axel beamed as they watched her eye widen in awe as she watched the sharks, whales, and turtles swim above her. They were standing in the underwater tunnel and for once since being there, Angel was completely still for longer than a couple of minutes. She just watched as the animals swam above and all around them. Axel gently pulled her over to the bench and they sat down.

"Lay down Beautiful," Marc whispered as he sat down on the other side of her and pulled her legs into his lap. "Put your head in Axel's lap and watch."

She smiled and did as he instructed, holding both their hands in hers, resting them on her stomach as Axel leaned back slightly so she could watch the animals better. "Wow," she whispered in fascination. "You get to see this every day?"

Axel nodded, "Yep and you can too if you want. Anytime you want just tell us and someone will bring you or I will come get you."

"Okay," she whispered. "I feel so...calm."

They smiled, "Good."

"Then we will stay here as long as you want until we have to leave," Axel said softly as he gently ran his finger down her cheek. "We can always see the rest on another day."

She smiled and nodded, "thank you."

Marc snuck a picture and sent it off to the group along with the one he captured when her eyes first realized she was in an underwater tunnel. It was simply breathtaking, and he was so glad he was able to capture the moment. He knew the group would appreciate the moment as well.

New fucking background and definitely fucking printing it off to frame.

Well, it was pretty obvious who sent that response Marc chuckled. The rest sent quick heart emojis or smiley faces as a response since they were busy working. It didn't matter, they saw the picture and it was saved so they could really look at it when they had a spare moment. Besides he knew they would have many more moments like that now that she was back in their lives.

Axel's watch beeped and he chuckled at her huff of annoyance. "Do you really want to stay here and watch them swim or do you want to have lunch at home with some of us?" He asked as he helped her sit up slowly so she didn't get dizzy.

Marc knelt and tied her shoe that had somehow become untied. "You can always send out a text asking if anyone else wants to join us for lunch."

Her eyes lit up, "Come on, let's go home."