Then I got a new job

Nobu lifted an eye brow as I took a bite of the apple. I glared down at the table for a second before speaking up again.

"Damn Fenwick! Making me do chores and banning me from writing! And it's just my first day." I complained as Nobu shushed me.

"Head writer, (y/n). Head. Writer! If he heard you call him by his name you'd be dead." Oh yeah, that was written in the rules, wasn't it.

I quickly shut my mouth and looked around for a moment, making sure no snitch heard that. Thankfully it seems as if no one had even noticed I was speaking. Thank god there's at least one place in the universe where people mind their own business.

"But still, he gave me a ban, on my, first, day. Unacceptable." I said, this time a little quieter.

"To be honest, I'm not surprised." Nobu said, fully seriously and all.

"That hurts my heart, Nobu! I thought we were friends." I said, and continued munching on the apple while pretending to be mad at Nobu.

"Whatever, he couldn't have given you that much work anyways-" I cut him off by spreading the scroll open onto the table. Nobu dropped his fork as he started reading through it.

"Well, if you do one per day you'll get it done in about three months." He said, trying to find a bright side in my current situation. But it was for naught, SINCE THERE WAS NO BRIGHT SIDE!!!!

"But the head writer said I have to do three per day!" I said as Nobu's jaw opened a little in surprise.

"And look at the last one, I don't understand it at all!!" I said and pointed out the task of cleaning Nimbus' room. Nobu closed his mouth and read the words in silence, when suddenly his face paled.

"(y/n)... No matter what, do not complete that task. You cannot go there." Nobu said, sounding very mature once again. He grabbed his only half eaten food and threw it away before grabbing my stuff and rushing out of the dining hall.

He was in such a rush that he even forgot his bag. I quickly grabbed it and followed behind him as he rushed to the staircase leading to the tower. But instead of stopping at mine and Rover's door, he kept going all the way to the top floor, and rushed into the room as I stumbled close behind him.

"Wait, Nobu! Come on, I don't understand crap about this!" I shouted once we had stopped, and he rushed to close the door of the room behind me.

"Shh!" Nobu shushed me, before starting to go through his stuff, ignoring me completely. :(

I took the moment to look around his room. His room was just as big as mine was, but his only had one bed.

No way... He has his own room!? That's possible?! Maybe he's such a smart student he gets the extra space.

He had a small room divider as well, and his bed looked exactly the same as mine, yet it was made so neatly I almost made myself believe no one had ever even touched it.

Then there was something on the wall. It was covered by a large cloth painted in many, many, many colors, such as... white, gold, and blue... and some more gold. Yeah, it was kind of boring, but very beautiful.

And one more thing very different from my room was actually a cabinet. It was made of wood, and it was painted with a clean layer of white paint. Nobu was currently rummaging through said cabinet, messing up the tidy room.

Finally he pulled out a scroll and laid it on the floor, revealing a map of Cloud Kingdom. Then he chugged my stuff onto the bed.

Then, last of all, he rushed over to the painted cloth and ripped it down as my jaw dropped. Bits and pieces of paper ripped from scrolls and old pictures filled a board hidden beneath it. And it was all connected with red string tied to pins sticked in the masterpiece in front of me.