Someone who understands

"Well, you look pretty tall, so?" Oh thank the first Spinjitzu Master it wasn't because of my face. If someone said I looked old I'd run straight into a corner and cry my eyes out. I'm only 19, I can't possibly look that old. Wait, do people age here in Ninjago? Am I going to stay young forever?? Sounds kinda fun actually... But will I ever die???

"Ah, okay." I said to Nobu as he continued munching on the cinnamon roll.

"I've never seen you-" Nobu said before taking another bite. Then he continued.

"-Cough like that. I don't think anyone has." He finished as I though of something to say. Everyone here knows who I am, but I don't know any of them. In my desperation I revealed my current situation to Nobu, but he still doesn't believe me.

"Umm... I kinda just got here yesterday." I said, no coughing, so I was in the clear.

"I died, then woke up here this morning." I said as Nobu nodded along, although he looked disinterested the instant I mentioned dying. I looked around before leaning over the table with the most serious face I've ever had.

"I literally don't know anyone's name here except for your's, Rover's, and the head writers. I don't know anything about this place or what I'm supposed to do here. I don't need you to believe my backstory, but please just help me out!" I pleaded as Nobu looked at me skeptically. He didn't need to believe me. No clear headed person would believe me. But I needed help, and even this kid will do.

"You don't know anything? So you got like... amnesia?" I was about shake my head and explain my situation again, but I stopped.

"Yeah... Yeah, like amnesia." I instead said as Nobu went quiet. He placed a hand on his chin and though. I just stared at him. This conversation had gone for far too long, just HELP ME OUT ALREADY!!! ...please.

"Yeah, I see why you're telling me now. You must have hit your head badly, or fallen off a sky boat. If you remembered, you wouldn't be talking to me now..." I nodded along to Nobu once again, before stopping to think about the last sentence.

"Huh? Why wouldn't I talk to you." I asked, as Nobu raised his voice a bit, seeming frustrated.

"You're popular! Although you're a bit of a trouble maker and the head writer doesn't really like you, all the students and writers still like do." Ooooh, so I'm the popular guy.

"I see." I a spoke, struggling to hide my pride and motioned for Nobu to continue.

"I'm not popular, so you have no reason to hang out with me, ever. And you haven't, before today." I nod along before speaking up.

"But how am I a trouble maker?" I ask, as Nobu finally smiles, as if I said something funny.

"Mainly because you always skip classes and don't follow rules. And also cause you show off." Nobu let out a laugh, and I copied his actions although I could only imagine what this worlds (y/n) had done.

"Alright! But how-" I forgot what I was about to ask as the dining hall doors opened suddenly. All the chattering stopped as all twenty of us turned to face the door. There stood Fenwick, a really fake smile on his face.

"I'm sorry to say, but it is lunch time, so the party ends here." He spoke calmly as everyone else groaned. Some older writers of destiny took away the buffet table and instead set up plates full of ready-made meals, some were covered by foil, some were not. Perhaps the foil was to keep the dishes warm. Each one had a name tag next to them. More people started coming into the hall and taking plates of food before sitting at their assigned seats.

"What's with that?" I quietly asked Nobu, referring to the name tags on the plates.

"Everyone's parents or caretakers provide lunch and dinner for their kids until they turn the age of twenty one, from there on you need to earn money and buy yours yourself." Nobu explained as he stood up. I stood up as well and followed him as he went searching around for his plate. Meanwhile I kept questioning him.