First day at my job, Gone wrong

The morning sun was bright. Like I mean really bright. We really got no blinds or even curtains here either. Kinda sad, but no can do.

I stood up and stretched my arms out, when my stomach rumbled loudly. Oh yeah, I didn't eat any lunch or even dinner yesterday. But now is a new day and a new morning! Meaning breakfast here I come!

I shot up and smiled to my self before leaning over our windowsill to get a better look at the massive sundial. I placed my hand in an angle that resembled the one Nobu showed me yesterday, before looking at the shadow on the sundial to see if it was eight yet.

It looked like it was, but I wasn't sure. But it's better to be safe rather than sorry, right? So I quickly changed into my official gown that just screamed: 'I am a writer of destiny, bitches!'.

I patted the sleeves down before turning to glance at Rover, who was still sleeping soundly. I don't want to wake him up, so I'll just go and meet the kid who definitely had a name... Oh right, Nobu!

I smiled to myself before leaving the room and skipping down to the dining hall. I opened the doors and turned my head around trying to spot Nobu somewhere. There weren't many people, and so it wasn't hard to see Nobu munching away at some full-grain porridge with some peanuts and berries on it. (Yuck, I despise porridge.)

Then I walked over to the standing table to get something (anything but porridge) to eat. But it seems this buffet was indeed up for only one day, for now there was just porridge and bacon and eggs. But thankfully I liked bacon and eggs, so I just grabbed a bit of both before spotting fruits over in another bowl, and grabbed some onto my plate (do it for the vitamins). 

Lastly I grabbed a glass and filled it with water before walking over to the table Nobu was at. I sat down opposite of him, as  he looked at me in surprise for a second.

"Wow, you really came. I already thought you ditched me." He said it calmly, but he really seemed to have been worried if I would actually arrive. I flashed him a smile as I gulped down one sixth of water.

"I wouldn't ditch you, so don't worry! I'm a whole new person, remember? I'm not the popular trouble maker anymore." I said, rather proud of myself before letting out a sound of realization without noticing.

"Rover told me that, but I haven't told him about my death and stuff yet so..." I let my voice drift off as Nobu raised an eyebrow.

"So you're still keen on the idea that you have died?" He asked as I nodded.

"You look pretty alive to me." He then said with an unamused expression. But I'm. Not. Fucking. KIDDING!!!

"It's difficult! I'll explain it some other time, but now I'll eat, if you don't mind." I changed the topic quickly and started absolutely devouring my breakfast. And hell yeah it tasted great.

I went to get refills at least twice before I was finally full. I had eaten so fast Nobu was still on his first serving. Amateur, ha. In what felt like twenty long minutes (which was probably just 5), Nobu was done as well. 

Just then,a sudden and loud bell rang, and I almost dropped my fork, which I was just spinning around in my hand in boredom.

Suddenly everyone else in the hall started getting up and taking their stuff to the magic basket from yesterday, even Nobu. I quickly took my empty plate in my hand and followed him.

"What is going on?" I quickly asked, since he wasn't explaining anything yet.

"The bell means it's half past nine. Which means there's only thirty minutes left until we have to be in our writing halls and writing destinies before the head writer comes to check on us." Nobu explained as we quickly dumped our stuff in the magic basket and walked out the dining hall. It took me a while, but I finally processed what was going on. We're going to write destinies or something now, so cool!