iii. goddess eating leopard say what

three. goddess eating leopard say what

IVY WAS NOT SURE WHAT to think as they approached the house. She was tripping over her feet beside Jason, trying to keep up with Drew's quick pace.

'I can't believe she's trying to steal your — Piper's — man, I mean has he no shame? What a man-slut!'

'Quit calling people sluts!'

'Whatever, slut.'

'How dare you?!'

'All I'm saying is that he should stop throwing himself at them —'

'I don't think he is. I think they are throwing themselves at him.'

'Shame.'

'We — Ivy — used to do the same.'

The male voice cackles, 'Oh! That was so embarrassing for us — her.'

"Oh, my gods, shut up!" Ivy says from beside them and Drew scowls. Ivy flushes a dark red, "Sorry!"

"She didn't mean you," Jason says, "She does that sometimes."

That only makes Ivy more embarrassed. She thinks back to what the voices said about her throwing herself at Jason. She wishes she could remember that and she's only partially happy that Jason had none.

Drew nods slowly and continues talking, "Here we are! The Big House, camp headquarters!"

Ivy got a weird feeling, every nerve in her body telling her to turn around and run.

"I am not supposed to be here," Jason says, voicing Ivy's thoughts.

Drew circled her arm around Jason's once more and Ivy had to look away before she did or said something stupid.

"Oh, please," Drew says, "You're perfect here, sweetie. Believe me, I've seen a lot of heroes."

Ivy grinned happily as Jason slipped his arm from Drew's hold.

"Look, I appreciate —"

"Is it that girl?" Drew pouts, "Oh, please, don't tell me your dating the Dumpster Queen."

"You mean Piper . . . um —"

"Oh, no," Drew's eyes zero in on Ivy and she suddenly feels self conscious, more so than usual, "It's you."

She looks in-between Jason and Ivy like she knows their secret. Except, neither Jason or Ivy know what secret it is exactly.

"Yes, I see," Drew nods her head and looks Ivy up and down, Ivy feels her face burn, "Well she's a bit better than Dumpster Queen."

"Don't call her that," Ivy frowns.

Drew's eyes narrow and then she turns to Jason, "Let me help you decide, sweetie. You can do better. A guy with your looks and obvious talent?"

'Blah, blah, blah. Can't she just shut up?'

'As a woman, I wish all men would shut up. Specifically you.'