xxiv. jason grace and the voices in his head

twenty-four. jason grace and the voices in his head

JASON GRACE WAS NOT A morning person. Jason Grace's girlfriend, Ivy Jordan, was. It was the third time he had heard her sigh and roll over. He tries to tune her out, ignore her and show no signs of life so she doesn't pounce on him the second he does. Any small sign that he's awake, she'll be right there, ready to make sure he can't fall back asleep.

One thing about Camp Half-Blood Jason loved was that the summer was the only time a schedule was actually set. And they didn't have him getting up at seven am every day. They were relaxed, they didn't care what time he got up, just as long as he attended a few training sessions and a few classes.

Jason hears Ivy mumbling to herself, a tell-tell sign that the voices were being more annoying than usual. He sighs, and rolls over. Ivy was staring up at the ceiling, her eyes glazed over a purple hue to them, Jason reaches out to run his fingers through her hair. He leans himself up on his elbows, watching her carefully.

"Shut up!" She finally says and squeezes her eyes tightly.

"Vee," He whispers, "It's alright."

Ivy squints up at him.

Jason smiles down at her. He admires her for a minute, the way her bangs stuck straight up and her red hair was falling out of the ponytail she'd fixed it into last night.

"What?" Ivy asks him.

Jason shakes his head and leans down, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Nothing," He says, "Just looking at you."

"Okay," Ivy giggles and she pulls him down so he's laying beside her, "I'm glad you're awake now. I was getting bored!"

Jason rolls his eyes, "You're the only one who likes waking up at —"

"Seven."

"Seven?!" Jason exclaims, "It's seven in the morning right now?"

Ivy shrugs and then looks guilty, "I couldn't really sleep."

She never really does.

"I had a weird dream," Ivy tells him, "Someone trying to talk to me."

Jason frowns, "Gaea?"

"I think so," Ivy says, "Nemesis warned me someone wants me for my gift — curse."

"I won't let them," Jason immediately answers, he leans over and presses a kiss to her lips, "Not even Hera could take you away from me."

He remembers the night all too well.

"Lights out in ten!"

Ivy giggles and Jason quickly places a hand over her mouth, eyes wide with worry. He was always a stickler for the rules. Ivy was not.

"Stop! You'll get us caught!" Jason says.

Ivy shrugs, and leans closer to him. Jason was overwhelmed by her; the sight of her, the smell of her, she was distracting in the best way.