xiii. whichever way the wind blows

thirteen. whichever way the wind blows

IVY WAS WORRIED FOR A moment as Thalia and Jason only stared at one another. Then, Thalia rushes forward and embraces him.

"My gods! She told me you were dead!" Thalia says and grips his face, as if drinking in the fact he was really here, "Thank Artemis, it is you! That little scar on your lip — you tried to eat a stapler when you were two!"

Ivy snorts as Leo says, "Seriously?"

"Staplers — excellent source of iron," Hedge nods as if he agreed with Jason's choice.

"W — wait, who told you I was dead?" Jason asks, "What happened?"

One of the white wolves at the entrance barked, making Thalia look back and nod her head.

"My wolf is telling me I don't have much time, and she's right. But we have to talk. Let's sit."

"You can talk to wolves?" Ivy asks as she quickly sits down.

Before Thalia can answer, Piper nearly collapses but Hedge catches her.

Thalia rushes to her, "What's wrong with her — ah, never mind. I see. Hypothermia, ankle." She looks at Coach Hedge, "Don't you know nature healing?"

Hedge scoffs, "Why do you think she looks this good. Ivy over there too. Can't you smell the Gatorade?"

"You and the satyr," Thalia says to Leo, "Take this girl to my friend at the entrance. Phoebe's an excellent healer."

"Ivy, you should go too," Jason says and helps her back up to her feet.

"Are you sure?" She asks, she could see the nervousness in his eyes.

"Yeah," Jason smiles, "I'll have Leo stick around."

"Okay," Ivy says and without thinking presses a kiss to Jason's cheek and makes her way after Hedge who was carrying Piper.

Ivy's eyes widen as Phoebe was busy setting up a tent pavilion. Inside, was a kerosene heater and Ivy gravitated towards it quickly. The Hunters weren't too bad, she decided.

"Here," Phoebe says and hands the girl a parka, gloves, and camo pants. Phoebe shows her where she can have some privacy to change and Ivy accepts.

When's she all dressed, Phoebe tells her to sit by Piper who also was dressed similiarly to Ivy and begins feeding them different things. Piper was worse off than Ivy, so it took her a little longer. Therefore, Ivy enjoyed a hot chocolate with Coach Hedge.

A little while later, Leo comes into the tent, "Oh, no way. We've been sitting in a cave and you get the luxury tent? Somebody give me hypothermia. I want hot chocolate and a parka!"

"Boys," Phoebe sniffed.

"It's all right, Phoebe," Thalia says, "They'll need extra coats. And I think we can spare some chocolate."

Phoebe grumbles, but soon Jason and Leo were dressed in silvery winter clothes and drinking hot chocolate.

Ivy smiles as Jason takes a seat beside her. She was glad she hadn't scared him off by kissing his cheek.

"How was it?" She asks him quietly.

"Good," Jason nods, "I'll tell you all about it later. How do you feel?"

"Way better," Ivy says and takes her final sip of hot chocolate. She smiles at Jason and the boy snorts.

"Hm?"

Jason only reaches out his thumb and wipes above her lip, Ivy blushes.

"So, you're Ivy," Thalia says, startling her.