Part 19 jason

JASON POV.

12am.

"what's your favorite colour?"

"Blue. Like, not bright blue, but like, greyish blue. Like your eyes."

Jason blushed at the answer, though he doubted Leo would notice. Leo's voice had grown sleepy, and he started to speak with a slight drawl. Jason remembered how he had grown up in Texas. The son of Hephaestus was still in Jason's arms as he asked a question himself.

"W-who... who's your favorite person. Like, if you were dying, who would you want to see?"

The Roman boys face was heating up and his heart rate was speeding up. He drew a breath before laughing softly and answering. "You, duh." Leo looked surprised. "Don't look at me like that, repair boy. You know it's true. You're my favorite person."

They made eye contact.

"Y-you too, jay."

Okay, Jason could've SWORN that Leo was blushing. Pipers words rang in his head. Ask him out already!

Jason took a shaky breath. It was his turn to ask a question, and he was going to use this to his advantage. 

He blinked and looked his best friend in the eyes. He could do this.

"What would you say if I told you that you were the guy I like?"

Leo's face was now the colour of cherries. 

Holy shit. Jason thought. I just made a mistake.

Then leo spoke. "Well, I'd say you have really bad taste." He laughed, though it was still awkward. "Okay, my turn. What would you say if I told you I like you?

Jason wanted to wake up. He wanted a brick to hit him in the head and wake him up from whatever dream he was having. But it felt so real. He pinched himself. Oh my gods, he thought. This is real. 

"I would s-say.. that I really like you." He looked down at the Latino laying in his lap. 

He was sure their faces were probably equally as pink. 

Leo smiled. A real one, this time. "Good. Because I really like you."

"Same." He picked up a small tan hand in his and brought it to his face. He held it against his cheek. 

Warm. 

The two fell asleep.

It was nearly 9am when Leo woke Jason up.

"Jason?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Then Jason passed out. 

Just kidding. 

He grabbed Leo and pulled him close. 

"I love you so much, Leo." 

THATS IT FOR NOW BYEEEEEE