Broken lives on 15

Avery's P.O.V

I stood in the parking lot, leaning on the car. Impatiently tapping my heels on the concrete beneath me. The parking area was empty, except for the sound emitting from the picnic.

I looked at my watch frustratedlu when Lyssa spoke up. "Jeez, cool your tits babe. Don't want to lose a hand, do you?"

"Where the hell were you?" I asked standing straight.

"Well, here I am. Do I really need to answer your question?" she said sarcastically.

She threw the car keys at me, but I dodged and they fell to the ground.

"Hey!" she shouted. "What the hell?!" I crossed my arms and looked elsewhere.

"I'm not driving," I stated arrogantly. Lyssa groaned walking over to me and picking up the keys.

"Okay thats it, whats up with you and your pregnant lady moods?" she asked, holding her waist and I sighed.

"Great....she finally notices," I drawl.

"Just spill it out blondy," she matched my tone.

"Why did I just find out that the guy from the club is now my freakin boss? And to make matters worse, he's the last person I would be keen to see in this fucked up world," I said through clenched teeth.

"Well, let me check....Oh wait, you told us to fuckin shut up because you were too caught up in your uptight head to damn listen!" she screamed.

"Why are you shouting?!" I screamed back. Soon, we were both shouting at each other, but I couldn't even hear what we were saying. The noise became unbearable, so I raised my voice above hers, "Okay, shut up!" I shouted and she quieted down. "Okay," I whispered, catching my breath.

I turned my back on Lyssa, ran my sweaty palm through my hair, and closed my eyes, rubbing my temples.

"What's your problem with him, anyway?" she asked, her voice back to normal and somehow sincere if not for her question.

"Everything, okay? He annoys me. He acts like mr know it all and he's always trying to smart talk me. He gets on my nerves, and there's nothing about him thats befitting," I said quickly, struggling to catch my breath. "What?" I asked as I noticed Lyssa's wide-eyed stare.

"You do realize that you just said that whole sentence in a mere second....right?" Lyssa pointed out and I groaned in frustration.

"Can my life get any less boring?" I complained.

"Oh, come on. You're already a downer. I'm sure he'll just add some color to the black and white painting," Lyssa shrugged.

"Lyssa!" I exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"You're not being helpful. Be a friend," I complained.

"Babe, I'm not your friend. I'm your best friend. Best friends don't give you an umbrella when it rains. They push you to run. I have my way of helping you. What's the big deal about working under him anyways?" she said with a mischievous smirk and I widened my eyes as the statement dawned on me.

"Lyssa," I said breathlessly.

"Hmm?" she answered with a sly smile.

I shook my head and cursed, "To hell with it all."

"It's time to face the beat," she said, and I scrunched up my face.

"I'm pretty sure it's 'time to face the music'," I corrected.

"Whatever, as long as you get it. He's now the owner of Le Delice, and you can't change that. Either you quit because you're annoyed with your incredibly attractive boss....or you act like you don't see him and focus on your everyday life," she finished her sentence shoving the car keys into my hands before returning to the passanger's side.