Broken lives on 5

Lyssa and Ellie had drowned somewhere within the crowd probably getting down on some random guy's body.

I couldn't help but fidget at the numerous stares that were being constantly thrown my way from different guys. I had moved from the dim corner I previously stood and found myself at the bar, my back turned to the wild crowd.

I cannot blame the stares...after all, my attire was rather sluttish and a club would be the right place to show it off. I couldn't believe I was at a club swarmed in music yet my mind was thinking about what transpired earlier. At some point soon I had to face it no matter how much I was trying not to let my mind drift to the thought.

It had been four years if am am not mistaken, since I had those nightmare. I couldn't shake off the worry of them becoming a reccuring event once again. I can't afford to have them back in my life.

Suddenly extracted out of my void a guy bashed near me into the side of the bar tumbling drunk to the ground. He stood up and rushed back into the bustling crowd

'This undeniably isn't my night and I certainly ain't having any fun but I am trying...right?' I sighed internally as I ran my fingers through my hair pushing it back.

"What can I get yah?" a voice ripped through the music, causing me to lift my head and discover that it was the bartender, grinning warmly at me. He was dressed in a pair of black trousers, a white shirt with rolled-up sleeves, and his lengthy blond locks were tied back in a ponytail. I simply acknowledged his query with a nod.

"Some water, please" I requested only to receive a deep laugh that echoed through the noise from behind me. I turned to face the source, realizing it was one of the guys I had noticed on the dance floor, watching me intently. Rather creepy actually.

"Water....seriously?" he inquired, his tone laced with amusement.

"Any problem with that?" I retorted, suppressing the temptation to roll my eyes as I took a good look at him closely. His laughter-filled voice questioned with disdain, "Water....Really?" In response, I managed to suppress the urge to roll my eyes as I finally took a good look at him thoroughly.

His body was heavily tattooed and pierced only adding to my disinterest, as if I ever did. His hair, dyed a mixture of black and blue, was precisely formed into spikes atop his head. He sported a black muscle top with a weird looking skull design, along with a pair of spiked and torn jeans that hung loosely on his hips.

Addressing the bartender but never diverting his gaze from me, he casually stated, "One beer and a cocktail for the lady, please."

My annoyance grew as I retorted "Don't worry...am completely capable of buying myself a drink if I want one but am going to go with water"  I concluded my statement with seriousness, flashing him a smile tainted with irritation, and turned to face the bartender.

"Lets try it this way....come dance with me" he said despite my evidently annoyed and uninterested attitude.

Rolling my eyes this time, I responded, "Uh...no thanks I will let it pass."

Annoyingly persistent, he pleaded once again, "Babygirl just one dance."

Pissed by his persistence, I angrily questioned,"Damn whats your problem? I already told you I will let it slide!" However, before I could continue expressing my frustration, the deranged guy grabbed me firmly by the wrist.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed in an attempt to make him release his grip only for him to grab tighter. "Let me go!" My heart raced faster as I began to feel a sense of danger.

In a state of madness, he refused to let go, declaring, "Not until you dance." This man was truly insane. He spoke with an air of anger but who was the one being victimized here? It was me. They were my rights which were being challenged in this situation.