Broken lives on 7

As I made my way through the bustling streets the crisp morning breeze blew, a sense of utter frustration and annoyance seeped into my veins.

There was something about being surrounded by a swarm of people, all hustling and bustling, that made my skin crawl. Shoulders brushed past mine, occasional elbows jabbed into my side, and on several occasions, I had to dodge someone's oversized briefcase or handbag. It was a chaotic dance, and I couldn't wait to escape it.

In one hand, I tightly clutched two steaming cups of coffee, their warmth providing a comforting sensation against the chill in the air. The other hand instinctively gripped my handbag, a constant reminder of the impending tasks that awaiting me at the hotel.

With each hurried step, I stole glances at my wristwatch, a silver timepiece that seemed to mock me with its relentless ticking. I was already late for work, and the traffic jam earlier hadn't done me any favors.

Lost in my haste and impatience, I failed to notice the world around me, entrapped in my own little bubble of annoyance. My eyes focused solely on the path ahead, desperate to avoid any further distractions.

Yet, fate had other plans, as it often does. Before I could even register what was happening, a sudden impact jolted me from my thoughts, sending ripples of shock through my body.

Time seemed to slow down as the cups slipped from my grasp, tumbling through the air, and crashing onto the unforgiving pavement. The sharp aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the cacophony of the busy street. My precious morning cure was now a dark, murky stain on my once pristine white shirt.

Stunned and frustrated, my gaze shifted from the mess on my clothes to the person responsible for this mishap. Through a haze of annoyance, I raised my head to see that I had collided with a car door, and the owner of the car was standing in front of me, looking calm and unaffected.

His tall figure, clad in a tight black t-shirt, a pair of grey jeans and some black sneakers. He exuded an air of sophistication and confidence. His blond, unkempt hair framed a familiar handsome face.

His gaze lacked any apologies or regret, only amusement. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that I knew this person. When it finally dawned on me, I blurted out in disbelief, "you?!" At that moment, I felt like this day, which had already been pretty terrible, couldn't possibly get any worse.

"Yes, me....the one and only" a mischievous smirk curled up on his lips. I couldn't help but feel my annoyance escalate at his audacity. His unruly mop of blond hair only added to his infuriating charm, which I was determined not to acknowledge.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, mustering as much self-control as I could to keep my voice steady.

"Oh, just enjoying the view," he replied, gesturing toward the busy streets with a mockingly innocent expression. "And by the way, I must say, the coffee stain on your shirt really brings out the patterns. Fashion forward, huh?"

I could feel my face burning with a mix of anger and embarrassment. His sarcastic comment hit a nerve, it spiked my annoyance even more .

His witty banter somehow managed to make my blood boil while also tugging at the corners of my lips.

"Look, Mr. I-know-it-all," I retorted, crossing my arms and trying to regain my composure, "I suggest you stop trying to be a fashion critique and apologize for spilling coffee on me."

He tilted his head, contemplating my request with an exaggerated seriousness. "Hmm, let me think...Nah, I don't think I'll do that. Besides, accidents happen. Maybe next time you'll learn to navigate a crowded street without staining yourself."