"Ezad!" She protested.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"You shouldn't say that"

They were standing outside the store. People were watching them bickering. A few passed smile at them. Few saw them expressionlessly.

"Why? Only you have the right to tease me" He asked holding her hand.

"Yes, only I can do that" She narrowed her eyes.

"Hypocrisy it is" He mumbled entwining their hands as they walked to the men's clothing store.

"Okay I won't say it and you won't say it either. Peace!" She suggested with a smile.

"Obviously" He shook his head at her innocent tactics.

She was so innocent.

And he loved her innocence.

...

Later in the night, resting her head on his broad chest, arms wrapped around his torso, resting her knees on his thigh, she was sitting on his right side. She was continuously talking to him who was busy working on his laptop.

It was difficult for him to type on his laptop, sitting in this posture as she was clinging to him but he couldn't move her away. He simply couldn't.

He was trying his best to finish his work.

"Have you completed your assignment?" He suddenly asked to divert her attention.

"Yes, I completed it after coming back from university. I am a good student. I don't waste my time" She told him happily.

"That's good" He mumbled averted his attention back to his work.

"What are you doing by the way?" She asked staring at the laptop screen.

"I am just working on my thesis" He murmured.

"You don't get tired by working all day?" She asked rubbing her head on his neck.

"No, I like to work"

"You are the best person" She raised her head and looked at his face. He averted her gaze to her beautiful face and passed her a little smile.

She leaned closer to him and pressed her lips to his clean shaven jaw.

He closed his eyes for a moment.

She was so near to her yet so far.

He didn't move his hands to touch her. At the moment all he wanted was to hold her face in his hands and slam his lips to her. Kissing her roughly, he wanted to pour out all what he was hiding inside his heart.

He was trying to control his manly desires but she was making it difficult for him.

Why was she so innocent?

"Thank you" He said, seriously.

"For what?" She asked.

"For the compliment"

"You deserves so much more than that" She acknowledged.

Yes you are right baby. I deserve so much more. His agreed.

"I think you should sleep now. Otherwise you won't get up for fajar" He suggested telling her the time.

"Ohh it's too late" She didn't notice the time while talking about useless things to him.

He didn't even stop her. He was all ears to her. He was always.

"Goodnight then!" He kissed her cheek.

"Goodnight" She mumbled detaching her body from him.

He suddenly felt empty.

She rested her head on her pillow and turned her back towards him. He covered her body with the comforter.

He sighed resting his head back on the headboard.

You don't know anything Lina. You just don't know. When will you know?

........................................................

Are you guys liking Ezad's character. He isn't a grumpy man. What do you think about him?

I just love him🤍

Don't forget to vote ✨