“I have so many reasons why I want to become the beta of this pack, but I think I found the most important one.” I smirked.

“And that is?” He mocked.

“Making sure perverts like you don't get a single chance because while I was burying my face in the laptop before coming here, yours were buried in a woman's pussy. It's an insult for my Luna to look at your rotten face.” I concluded with a smirk and that got him. His face reddened in anger, and he glared at me, but I looked away with a sneer.

“Well, we have 10 men in attendance. Are you sure you're ready to claim this position?” She asked, her gaze lingering on me as if urging me to do my best.

“Yes!” We answered in unison.

“Great. First of all, I want each one of you to come up here and tell me why you want this position.” She announced.

Before I could climb, the men had stepped up, leaving me and Lucien. After they were done talking, Lucien got up. He smiled at the crowd and began,

“The reason why I want this position is simple. I want to be able to assist and guide Luna; I want to be able to also help her make decisions on matters concerning the pack…”

As he spoke, my eyes lingered on Elora, who looked at him uninterestingly. She had this scowl on her face as she watched him speak and I didn't know why. Did he do anything wrong to her? She looked like someone who wouldn't waste a chance to kill him if given.

“…that's my reason.” He finished talking and stepped down. The people applauded him.

It was my turn. I sighed and got up. Everywhere became quiet instantly. “I don't have something long to say, but I'd like to say this. Being a Luna doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the answers to every question asked, or the right judgment to every case presented. Ironically, the reason why I want to become her beta is that, I want to be her eyes when she isn't able to see, her mouth when she saw can't speak, her brain when she can't think and her strength when she's weak,” As I spoke, my voice steady and sure, I could feel the weight of every eye upon me. But I was determined to prove myself worthy of the honor.

As I finished my speech, the pack erupted in a fierce howl of approval. I felt tears spring to my eyes at the overwhelming sense of pride and belonging that washed over me. I turned to look at Elora. She didn't smile but I could feel her happiness.

I stepped down amidst the cheers and Elora took the stage again. The cheers and howls grew louder and the smile she had kept hidden inside came forth. She smiled and I could see its genuineness. She raised her hand and it ceased.

“You've heard it from the aspirants, people. They've told us the reason why they want to become our beta. They've spoken, so now we want action,” She announced and they cheered. “This is the last segment of your tests. You all are going to sword fight,” She said and the pack howled. The guards came and dropped swords on the floor for each of us. “If you can knock out the sword from your opponent's hand or make their backs touch the ground, then you've won. It'll continue this way until we have only one man standing. The last man standing will become the beta. Do not inflict injuries or you'll be disqualified. Understood?” She announced.

We all nodded.

“Are you ready?” She asked.

We nodded. “Start!” She made them hit the gong and the fight started. It was an intense one but at the end, I was left with Lucien.

My eyes darted to Elora as I and Lucien faced each other. She still held that expressionless look on her face.

“It'd be good if you give up now. It'll be less embarrassing that way.” Lucien smirked.

“Don't worry. I'll give you a napkin to wipe your shame when I'm done with you.” I fired back.

He chuckled and approached me.

I tightened my grip on the hilt of my sword as I faced off against Lucien. The air was thick with tension, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I haven't come here to play, and I was ready to prove myself.

Lucien lunged forward, and I deftly dodged to the side. I countered with a swift strike, but he parried it effortlessly. We circled each other, our swords clashing as we tested each other's defenses.

I could feel my muscles straining as I pushed harder and harder, trying to find a weakness in Lucien's guard. But he was skilled, and every move I made was met with a swift counter-attack.

For what felt like an eternity, we continued to dance around each other, our swords ringing out in a deadly symphony. Sweat poured down my face, and my arms felt heavy with the weight of my sword.

But then, I saw my opening. With a quick feint to the left, I lunged forward and struck Lucien's sword, sending it flying from his hand. In that moment, victory was mine.

I took a deep breath and lowered my sword, feeling a surge of triumph and relief wash over me. I had won the fight, and I had proven myself as a true swordsman and the beta of White Tide Pack; my Mate's Pack.

The Pack erupted in a howl of cheers and applause as they sprung up to their feet. Elora stood up and clapped as well with a smile on her face.

I threw a napkin at Lucien, who was still on the floor.

“Here. Wipe the shame and embarrassment off your face.”