CHAPTER 8 - TO LOVE

CHAPTER 8: TO LOVE

Rob walked out of his bedroom, heading to the kitchen when he smelled food. He stopped at the island, looking at Benjie in only boxers walking around the kitchen. He smiled, eyes following him around as he poured juice, flipped what was in the pan, went back to grab dishes before starting to serve. He turned around, gasping when his eyes fell on Rob.

“How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to enjoy the view.” Rob chuckled. Benjie laughed, grabbing a glass of the juice he poured and placed it in front of Rob.

“I had Renee teach me a few things in the kitchen when I was home. Thought it would come in handy when I finally came back.” he said, going back to his pan and turning off the heat as he grabbed the dishes, placing them on the counter before walking around it, saying, “Bon Appetit.” as he sat beside him, kissing his cheek, “And good morning, love.”

“Sounds weird.” Rob chuckled, “I’ll take it.”

Benjie smiled, saying, “So I think we kind of did things upside down. Sleeping together, confessing our love, then dating?”

“Doesn’t matter.” Rob said, taking a bite and moaning around it, smiling at him, “Delicious. Perhaps you should take more cooking courses with Renee.”

Benjie chuckled, asking, “Tell me then, you want to start dating before getting back into things? Doing it right this time?”

Rob placed his fork down, grabbing Benjie’s hand as he said, “I want you to feel better before we do anything.”

“I think being around you works.” Benjie said.

“Are you sure? What happened before…” Rob trailed off.

“I suddenly realized I loved you, it caught me off guard.” Benjie said, smiling softly at him, “I told you, I’m working on things with Liam. I am in a better place, but since I saw you yesterday, I feel… better? I don’t know if that’s the word. Talking to you, listening to you, Toby’s words, it all… I don’t know how to explain it, but I think I have a leg up on this whole ‘emotions’ thing. I didn’t think I would, not for a while, and I surely didn’t expect you to be what helps me move forward, but you were. You are what I needed.”

“I don’t want you to freak out again.” Rob said worriedly.

“I’ll tell you this time.” Benjie said, “I’ll use my words. I’ll tell you if it’s too much, I promise. But right now, I am alright. I’m up for trying to give this love thing a chance again. I am ready to move forward with you.”

"If you’re sure." Rob said.

"I am. I booked a table at that fancy place we went to that first time. Thought we could try other things on their menu since it was so delicious the first time around.”

“Already?” Rob asked.

“I hoped.” Benjie smiled.

Rob looked at his juice for a lone moment before he said, “Sure, why not. When is it?”

“Tonight.” Benjie said.

“Alright.” Rob nodded, still not looking at him.

“What is it?” Benjie asked, “Something wrong?”

“No. It just feels nice. I haven’t been on a date for a long time.” Rob told him.

“You seem hesitant.” Benjie noted out loud.

Rob shook his head, taking in a breath before he turned to him with a smile, saying, “It’s nothing.” Benjie didn’t want to push him, nodding as he squeezed his hand.