CHAPTER 5: BREAKDOWN

Benjie sat at Rex’s desk chatting when Rob walked past them, going to his office. Benjie’s eyes followed him before returning to Rex when he spoke. “You two look sleep deprived. And seriously bruised. Were you out partying without me all night after you left me at the club?”

“Far from.” Benjie snorted.

“So how did it end with that girl?” Rex asked, “You seemed to hit if off instantly.”

“Later.” Benjie said when he saw Rob’s office door open as he waved him there while he spoke on the phone.

Rex watched him go before looking up at Mathew and Emma walking up to him. “Is it just me or is Benjie acting weird?” Emma asked.

“I see it.” Rex chuckled, “I wonder what happened. He was drinking himself silly last night. Never seen him do that.”

“I’d say.” Mathew muttered, looking towards the office where the door was shut.

“Yes. Yes, I will. Make sure Simon gets this information as well. I’ll call you back.” Rob said before hanging up, looking at Benjie as he said, “Will you stop?”

Benjie frowned, asking, “Stop what?”

“Looking at me like that.” Rob chuckled, shaking his head, “We have work to do.”

“Oh, yeah. Sorry. I wasn’t aware I was doing it.” Benjie said, taking a seat behind his laptop on the other side of Rob’s desk.

“What’s gotten into you?” Rob asked.

“Nothing.” Benjie said, typing away.

“Did you call up the technical team to give them the training?” Rob asked.

“Yeah. It’s set for next week.” Benjie said, “It gives me enough time to fine-tune this. Rex is booking us a hall in a nearby hotel for the training session.”

“Good.” Rob said, going back to his emails. Rob smirked, saying without looking at Benjie, “You’re doing it again.”

“Sorry.” Benjie said, eyes returning to his laptop, typing away.

“Are you okay?” Rob asked, looking towards Benjie who looked flustered.

“I am.” Benjie said.

“What happened?” Rob asked, “What is going on in your head?”

“Nothing.” Benjie said quickly.

“Ben.” Rob insisted.

“Last night.” Benjie sighed, “Can’t get it out of my head, that’s all.”

“That’s a nice complement.” Rob said.

Benjie glared, saying, “Seriously? You aren’t thinking about it?”

Rob shrugged, saying, “Maybe. But apparently not as much as you have been. You realize it’s a one-time thing, right?”

“I know.” Benjie said, “I’m into girls.”

“Didn’t seem to bother you last night.” Rob chuckled, making Benjie roll his eyes, “Consider the possibility that you’re Bi. Maybe go out with Rex?”

“I don’t need to ruin a good friendship over curiosity.” Benjie sighed.

“Interesting.” Rob said, going back to what he was looking at on his screen.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Rob said, grabbing his phone, “I need to get this. Give me a minute.” He said. With a frown, Benjie got to his feet, taking his laptop with him and settling on Rex’s desk.