~FOURTY FIVE~

*Vera Knightly*

I had been training more and more with Zane recently, and I had become much stronger than I was before. I was extremely proud of myself, I could now properly handle a dagger and throwing knives well, and I could also fight.

I want to start going on small missions with Zane, but he won't let me. He says I'm not ready for that yet. But I think that that's bullsh-

"Bellisima. [Beautiful] Tighten your grip on the gun." I had only recently discovered what 'bellisima' actually meant. Which makes me feel bad for Zane, because while he was calling me beautiful, I was calling him an Asshole. Don't get me wrong- I tried finding out what it meant long ago, but no one would tell me. So I would say that I'm not actually the one at fault.

I furrow my brows, and do as he says. "brava ragazza. [Good girl]." I swift turn my head to the right where Zane was standing. "What does that mean?!" I whine. "Bellisima. [beautiful] just shoot the fucking gun." He orders. I'll find out later. I huff and hold the weapon in my hands, clutching it tightly, as I raise my hands a little higher so that I would hit the target.

I swiftly press the trigger and the gun shoots the bullet. However, I miss the target completely. For about the 12th time. "Well shit. I thought I was gonna hit that one." I sigh. Yeah I need to practice my gun work.

Zane groans, now probably fed up with the amount of times that I've missed. "You've said that every single time." Zane mutters. He trails up behind me, and pulls my arms up again, clocking the gun back again. "Think of it as a throwing knife. You just need to pull a trigger instead of throwing something to hit the target." Zane says now sounding a lot calmer.

He takes a step to the side. "Shoot!" He says in a raised tone. I pull the trigger quickly, looking to see if I hit the target. I squeal in excitement, jumping up and down, "Haha! I did it!"

"Vera." Zane says sternly. "You hit the fucking border."

I shoot him a long glare. "Let me have my moment."

***

I walk up to Enzo (Zane's brother), who was in the kitchen, and had come home from yet another mission two days ago. He's actually rarely ever home. I think I've only seen and spoke to him five times in the couple months of me living here,"Hey Enzo!" I smile.

He turns around with a glass of water pressed against his lips. "Hey Vera. You alright?" He responds. I take a seat next to him. "Yeah I'm all good. I just wanted to ask a quick question." I shrug.

Enzo narrows his eyes, "what is it?" He mumbles. "What does brava ragazza mean?" I ask now staring up at him. He places his glass down on the counter. "Good girl." He replies.

See the only reason I ever found out what 'bellisima' meant was through Enzo. He's gone most of the time, and doesn't know half the shit that goes on here. Therefore, he wouldn't have known that no one was meant to translate anything for me. Well anything said in Italian anyway. It was partly because they sometimes talk business in Italian, well- only when Zane doesn't want me to know something.

"Oh."

"So how long are you gonna stay this time?" I ask. "Not too sure. Depends what needs to be done."

"Mhm. Yeah. Do you think I'll be able to tag along with you of one of your missions?" I say smiling at him.

He scoffs. "Nice try."

"Ugh."

Soon enough Silas walked into the kitchen. He friend as he sees me. He's still holding a grudge against me. Whoops. "Zane wants to see you in his office." Silas says in a serious tone.

Enzo gets up without a word, and heads out the kitchen with Silas following right behind. I too get up and wander towards the front door where Bianca and Andreas where. "Hey!" I laugh, taking a seat on the sofa, near the door. "Vera." They both say in sync.

"How've you been?" Bianca asks. "Yeah I've been doing okay, you?" I ask swinging my legs over the couch, laying down. "Yeah fine."

"Mm. Oh my god! Guess what?" I shriek. "What now?" Andreas says looking unimpressed. "Right so today I was training with Zane. And we were practicing my gun work-" but all of a sudden there was a sound. And Andreas and Bianca, got back into their work poses. I then sat up on my elbows to see who would walk in.

They swing the door open, and step to the side, "Antonio." They chime. He storms in, all red and angry, pointing his arms downward, waiting for them to take his jacket off. "Hurry up! I don't have all fucking day." He growls.

I shiver, clearing my throat. "You could take it off yourself, no?" He turns his head, to look at me. "Shut the fuck up!" He spat aggressively. I stare at him, in silence. I open my mouth to speak, "That's -" but I get cut off with a deep, and angered voice. "The fuck did I tell you about speaking to her like that, hm?"

Antonio, looks up at him glaring. I snicker. Loser. "What are you laughing at?" Antonio huffs. I hear Zane take a could steps forward, and was now in my direct eye-line. "Antonio. Would you follow me to my office?" Zane seethes.

Antonio straightens his tie, clearing his throat, as he brushes past Zane. I turn and watch his as he leaves, then seeing Zane follow behind, not even taking a look at me.

Bianca and Andreas shut the door, and then relax once they see that Zane and Antonio have left.

"Anyway- so as I was saying. I finally shot the target- or well it was actually the border, but still!"

+++
Thank you for reading!
I hope you enjoyed!
Once again, I'm sorry for not updating in a while!

-Fiersteary :)