~THREE~

*Vera Knightly*

I giggle a little, trying to stop myself. Which then turns into a laugh. A loud laugh might I add. I look up and see them all staring at me, "Yeah your funny." I say, now stopping. But when I look up at Bruno, his face has dropped, sorrow written all over his face. His smile faded. Mother looked afraid, and father well his eyes were filled with regret.

"What?" I frown, my eyes turning glossy. Father looks at me, but the only person I could look at is Bruno. I slide out of his grip, "You knew." I pause. "You knew, and you didn't tell me?" I say my voice turning shaky. Bruno stares at me blankly, with no words to say. Not like he could say anything to me even if he wanted to. I turn to face father, "How could you sell your own daughter off to someone?" I say. My heart throbs and I'm filled with pain. "cariño, it had to be done." [Sweetie] Father says, with a soft expression. I quickly wipe my tear, not letting it fall. I can't ruin my mascara.

"Estas jodidamente serio?" [are you fucking serious?] I groan, and I hear a chuckle from behind me, but I choose to ignore it. "Vera!" Mother whisper shouts. Are you serious? She has the nerve to tell me off when she's practically selling me off to some rando.

"To who?" I manage to say, but they don't say anything, instead all their eyes travel to something behind me, to which I also turn around. And I'm met with the tall man, staring down at me coldly. I turn back round in realisation. "Are you serious?" I mumble. Father nods softly and I let out a sigh, as I feel my eyes start to water again, and I swallow the lump in my throat, holding back a sob. "When?" I say, calming my breathing. "In a year." Father says, correcting his posture. I nod my head. And as much as I wanted to protest, and argue. There would've been no point. I have no say in what happens. I don't even get a choice. I shut my eyes, and breath in.

"You'll be living with Zane from now on." Antonio interrupts with a smirk plastered on his face. It's all about power. And I know it is. I gulp glancing back at the man Im going to be marrying. I'm so stupid. I should've seen this shit coming. "Okay." I say mumbling softly. "Vera, it'll be alright." Bruno coos. I look up and smile. I know it's not his fault, but I just can't believe he knew. Well to be fair, it shouldn't be anything new, but I would've expected him to tell me such a big thing. Even if it results in large consequences. "You'll be moving in, in a week." Antonio says sternly, as he starts walking off into the crowd agin, with Zane and the other two following him.

***
(Time skip)

I'm sat in my room, still In my long ass dress on the phone to Kyla, still in disbelief. "Oh baby. I'm so sorry." She says, and I can hear the sadness in her voice. I smile to myself, "Well, I'm moving there in a week. So I still have time." I frown. I like to try think of the positive side of things. "Are you still talking to your parents?" She asks. I cross my arms over my chest, "Well I kind of have to don't I? I don't particularly want to, but it's not like I can avoid them. I live with them." I sigh. She lets out a nervous laugh, "what about Bruno?" I pause, what about Bruno?

"Well it's not like he set this all up. So I guess I'll talk to him, but for now I just need space." I say, brushing my hand through my hair. "I just hope he's nice. I only met him today, and for the forty five minutes that we stood next to each other, he did not say a single word." I pause, "well actually, he spoke to his little friend, but thats about it."

"Oh and to make it all worse, I saw him." I say, almost as a whisper. She gasps, "oh Vera." She sighs. We talk for a little longer, and then I end the call.

I need a long ass shower.

+++
Thank you for reading!
Sorry for the short chapter!

-Fiersteary :)