~SIXTEEN~

*Zane Underwood*

I've been working like clockwork, night and day, just so I wouldn't have to step foot in my room. I don't want to see her. I envy her. Yet I don't know why I get so... protective over her. Most importantly I don't know why she's not dead yet. If anyone else dared to speak to me the way she does, I would've shot them right on the spot. But not her. She's an exception, and as much I want her not to be, she is.

I told Silas about the night that I finally slept and he was in complete and utter shock. I've tried everything. Medicine, fucking, and even going to bed early. But nothing worked, and one night with this girl and i magically fell asleep. Coincidence much? He actually suggested that I'd sleep with her again, see if it happened once more. But I refused.

Maybe because I envied her- well I was meant to anyway. Or maybe it was because I was afraid of it not being a coincidence. Fuck I don't know.

"Zane, just try for fucks sake. It might work." Silas groans, rubbing his hand along his forehead. "Fuck off. It's not happening." There was a pause, "Zane..."

***

Twenty minutes later- after much convincing, and much shouting I finally agreed. Just once more, to finalise if it really was just a coincidence or if it really was magic. Im joking obviously.

I walk up the stairs and down the hallway to the bedroom and I creek open the door to hear a soft snoring sound coming from her pretty little mouth. she's wearing a tight white top, with some tight white shorts and a pair of fluffy socks. Bellissima. I walk into the wardrobe unbuttoning my shirt.

I get into a pair of grey joggers and I slowly walk over to the bed. I stand there watching her, then looking over to the other side of the bed, debating whether or not to get in. I sigh. And just then she lifts her hands up rubbing her eyes. She turns over and looks at me, watching her from above. "What are you doing?" She groans. Yeah, What am I doing? "Nothing." I answer in a calm tone.

She sits up, lifting up the blanket of my side of the bed, and pats it. I stare at her. Was it worry or fear? "Get in them." She says in an annoyed tone. I get in the bed slowly, and I scoot a little closer to her, her vanilla scent filling my nose. She looks over at the bed side table where there was a clock, with neon lighting. And she gasps, turning back to look at me.

"No wonder your so tired! Have you seen the time?" She whisper yelled. Yes. I have. It's two o'clock in the morning, it's not like going to bed early would change that, but I would never tell her that. I ignore her comment. She rolls over, so that her back is facing me, and I turn just my head, to look at her.

I feel my eyes become droopy and I frown, but I let it happen. I felt my breath become a steady pace as I rolled over to my side, facing her. And out of instinct I grab her waist, pulling her close. She groans, and I smirk against her neck. "Zane let me go." She grumbled. I chuckle against her, but ignore her comment. "Zane! Sleep on your own side of the bed!" She shouts. "Please?" I plead. She huffs. "Just this once."

And I smirk in victory, pulling her just a little closer to me. She molded right into me and I felt my eyes become even heavier. Her breath slowed, and became in sync with mine.

***

I felt movement in my arms, along with the sound of groaning. She tried pushing my arms off her, and I smirked keeping my eyes closed. "Stop moving." I growled. She stilled, "let me go then!" She shouts. I chuckle, "five more minutes." I beg. She groans, wanting to protest, but she listened.

Five minutes passed and she jolted back up, However she didn't get very far because I pulled her back down. My hand gripped her hair, and my other hand gripped her waist. "Can you let go now?" She mumbled. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, so I let her go. I released my grip from her hair and waist and then she gets up. My eyes open and I see her ass cheek hanging out of her shorts, causing a smirk to creep up on my face. She pats herself down and when she realises that her ass was hanging out the bottom of her shorts, she gasped and immediately pulled them down.

She turned around to see if I saw, and her eyes met mine. Her cheeks flushed of embarrassment, but I smirked it off. She rushed into the bathroom and came out wearing new clothes and brushed hair. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. She walked out of the room, and I stayed in the bed. I shut my eyes still feeling tired, hoping that maybe it was just a coincidence, once again.

But alas after ten minutes of my eyes being shut, I had not fallen asleep. She was my drug. My cure. And I hated that.

+++
Thank you for reading!
Hope you enjoyed!

-Fiersteary :)