~FIFTEEN~

*Vera Knightly*

For the next week or so, I stayed on the down low. I didn't go out with Kyla or anything. In fact the only time I went outside was when it was good weather, and even then I just sunbathed in my bikinis. The Underwoods actually had a very nice house. And a garden. They even had two. One big one and then a smaller one on the side of the house, which contained a basketball court and a football pitch. They weren't full sized but they were still quite large

Me and Zane spoke rarely since last time
I snuck out, which was a week ago, and to be honest I was actually glad. I didn't want to encounter him. He's a piss-take. An imbecile. He's a rude piece of shit, that I don't want to see him. However the times that we did speak, he made snarky remarks. And we're always end up having a mini argument.I hate him. In fact I like Silas better. He's actually nice to me. Yeah he can he rude too, but he's no where near as rude as Zane.

I don't get why he couldn't just be nice. I get the whole mafia act, and the cold hearted attitude, when working. But not to the ones you live. And I'm not saying he should love me, after all we've probably only known one another for two weeks, but all I'm saying is he shouldn't be as rude.

I lay in the sun, on the sun-bed, in a red bikini. I had a glass of champagne on the table beside me and a book too. But I hadn't started reading the book yet. It was there in case I got board. The gardeners are currently out, shaping the hedges and making the garden look more, in shape. So it's not like I didn't have anyone to talk to. I stretched my arms out and all of a sudden I felt that something- or even someone- was watching me. A shiver went down my spine and I peeled open my eyes seeing colours of blue and green, due to the sun. That's the one thing I hate about sun bathing.

I turn and look around to see if I'm just imagining things but I behind me stood the devil himself. Zane. "What do you want?" I groan, laying back down, adjusting my hair so it layed to the sides of me. I heard his footsteps come closer, until he stood above me, blocking the sun. I peeled open my eyes once again and I sighed. "Your in the way."

He smirked at me, but that's not what I payed attention to the most. It was his dark circles under his eyes. They were darker than ever, and I almost felt bad. He had been working quite hard with the mafia things and he obviously hasn't gotten much sleep because of it. "What are you wearing?" He said clenching his jaw.

"Uh? A bikini? What are you wearing?" I chuckled stating the obvious. He's wearing an all black suit as usual, with no tie and the first few buttons undone. He scoffed, "you might as well be laying here naked, it's barely covering anything." He seethed. A smile tugs at the corner of my lips, but I quickly hide it. "And?" I shoot back at him. "And people are out here." He finishes.

I hum, "mm. There is. Your point is?" I smirk. He looks down at me through hooded eyes, "They're staring at you." He says in a cold tone. I chuckle and look up to see a couple of men watching me, which causes my nose to scrunch. "Can't blame them, I'm hot." I joke. "Put something over yourself." He growls. "Well. How am I meant to tan if I cover myself?" I shoot back.

A smile plasters on his face, "you don't." I groan, "well we wouldn't be having this conversation if your workers got on with their jobs." He straightens his posture, and turns to face the gardeners catching a few staring who immediately turn back and get on With the gardening. "Fine." He mumbled.

"Francis. Draco. Grayson and Hardin. You're fired." He says calmly. They shoot their heads up and so do I. "What? You can't fire them." I protest. I don't want them to loose their jobs, just because of me. "I can and I will." He says with a straight face as the four men made their way towards us. They handed Zane the keys to the house and I mouthed 'I'm sorry' and they all walked past. I pinch my brows together and I huff. He takes of his blazer and throws it at me, "Next time cover yourself up, when I tell you too." He growls in a low tone, making the hairs on my arms stand up.

"Asshole." I mutter. And he then turns around walking away, and I lay back down, ignoring the fact that he gave me a blazer to cover myself up with and continued sun-bathing.

He won't force me to do anything.

And that's final.

+++
Thanks for reading!
Sorry for not updating!

-Fiersteary :)