Chapter 29: Intoxication

Start from the beginning

"What on earth are you talking about?" Annabeth prodded. Since when were Percy and her brother such good friends?

Malcolm's eyes widened, "I just mean...that...well...he's never had alcohol before. He could barely stand straight after a point."

Annabeth looked alarmed, "and you left him alone?"

"Well yes, I had to come here," Malcolm inclined his head, "And he seemed to want to come too. Got dressed and everything. So, I locked him in his chambers."

"You jailed Percy?!" Annabeth cried.

"For his own safety," Malcom defended, "He's going to be alright."

"I highly doubt that!" said Annabeth, a flurry of anxiety taking root within her.

She had to go see him. Yes, it still hurt how he avoided her all week, but this was important. Despite everything, she cared for him deeply, to a point where he consumed every irrational thought in her head.

What if he hit his head? What if he was concussed? Annabeth couldn't very well let that be the case.

Moreover, he wanted to see her. To accompany her to the banquet, If drunk Malcolm was telling the truth. And Annabeth wanted to know why. Or what went wrong between them. She wanted to know everything, everything about him. From his thoughts, opinions or even the way his breath catches when she leans closer to him.

She wanted him. His heart, his soul, his everything. She wanted it desperately, more than anything she'd ever desired.

"I must go see him," Annabeth rasped, turning to Malcolm, "Will you be alright on your own?"

"Of course, I will, sister," he smiled, "they have quite a lot of champagne."

Rolling her eyes, the princess of Athens slipped out of the party discreetly before sprinting across the long-winded corridors.

Her hair fell around her shoulders in her haste, the hours spent on styling her hair wasted.

She ran all the way up to Percy's chambers, where it was indeed, locked from the outside.

With a deep breath, Annabeth opened the latch, stepping into the boy's room.

"Percy?" she called carefully.

The boy who lay on the floor got up with a start, her sea-green eyes finding her, twinkling like celestial stars.

"I... I was worried when Malcolm told me he locked you in," she said, noting how he was indeed dressed in formal attire.

Percy's hair was plastered across his face, raven locks obscuring his vision. A smirk played on his lips as he got to his feet, swaying a little.

"Careful now," Annabeth breathed, moving to help him.

Percy stepped back, shaking his head, 'I should stay away from you,' he signed. Then took a step closer.

"What do you mean?" Annabeth asked, confused. Her heart clenched tightly at the sight of him, so dishevelled yet handsome.

'I should stay away from you,' he repeated, moving closer to her, 'far far away.'

"Percy, you're not making any sense," she said carefully, watching him stumble closer.

He shook his head, and Annabeth moved closer to him, just in case he fell. This time he didn't move away, he only looked at her, 'I should be away from you,' he repeated.

"What do you mean?" she asked him again, voice gentle. Percy shifted, coming closer to her than he had in a long time.

He now stood only a few inches away from her, eyes sparkling in delight. He took a strand of her hair, idly playing with it as he gave her a devastating smile.

 He took a strand of her hair, idly playing with it as he gave her a devastating smile

'Why can't I stay away from you?' he asked, eyes not leaving hers.

Before Annabeth could reply, he lowered his head, placing his lips on the nape of her neck. He trailed kisses down her exposed shoulder, pausing at her collarbone.

Annabeth gasped in delight, her eyelids fluttering shut as his lips moved across her neck, stopping inches away from her lips.

Annabeth moved closer, yearning for a taste of him. She had gone so long without his presence that it ached to be this close again.

But Percy pulled away, eyes filled with remorse, 'I should be away from you,' he signed, before collapsing.

Annabeth let out a little scream, before rushing to Percy's fallen mass on the floor.

Malcom was once again right, he was indeed a lightweight. Given the four bottles of wine Annabeth noticed in his room, it was no wonder he could barely stand straight.

Sighing, the princess of Athens grabbed his shoulders, dragging the boy onto his bed.

She carefully took off his jacket and boots, contemplating whether to discard his shirt as well. But with burning cheeks, she decided against it and to just let him sleep.

She remained by his side for a little longer, holding his hand. She desperately wished things would go back to the way they were, she needed them to. She could not imagine a life without Percy.

She would figure out why Percy had to stay away from her. Did his aunt say something? She would absolutely murder the woman if she did.

Nevertheless, she was determined to ensure that Percy and hers story would not end.

She gave his hand a little squeeze before letting go. Everything will be alright, she reassured herself.

"I shall see you tomorrow," she promised, kissing the forehead of the boy who stole her heart.

The princess of Athens stepped out of the boy's chambers, sighing deeply.

She allowed herself a second to breathe before collecting herself, straightening her shoulders and holding her head up high.

She still had a banquet to attend. Her kingdom needed her.

She glanced back at Percy's room as she walked away. But she needed him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crappy chapter? Yes! But I feel bad for not posting this in a while.

How is it December?!

(Posted 1/12/23- 8:19pm)

Atleast this story is almostish over.

Stay tuned!!
—S