𝟭𝟳. 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘀𝗼 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱

~ July 2022, Isabel's pov ~

I met a guy in the summer and I'll probably leave him in the Spring. James Walker isn't one to be sweet and likes to argue with me about everything; his favorite quarrelling topic being Harry Goldwyn. James is the kind of egotistical guy with a temper and a wandering eye. He wasn't infamously known as Hollywood High's player for nothing. However, this school semester, that was about to change. 

It all started with a simple 'hello, how have you been?' after two years of not having seen each other. James had definitely grown much taller since the 8th grade, and that says a lot, considering he was already so tall back then. He said he's six-foot-two and I said 'dude, nice try'.

I only insisted that he wasn't that tall just to spite him. In June, I assumed re-connecting with James would lead nowhere except maybe a dead end street, and yes, I meant that literally. To my surprise, without Harry in hindsight, we both got along very well and I found myself talking to James on a daily basis every day after that.

James is just so much fun and he has such weird friends. Every weekend this summer, he would take us out to parties and it truly felt like the night would never end. If he ever said something wrong, he'd joke that in order to make up for his words, that he'd ask his Dads for money to fly me to France. In case you're wondering, yes, I did in fact say dads as in two of them. I can't help but to gush about that. Just imagine having not one, but two Dads. How lucky is that? I don't even have one.

James Dads and sister, Willow, tend to smother me in affection every time I visit their household to hang out. I guess this is what it must be like to have a loving family... Of course I have a loving family myself, but I mean one with a Dad or two in it.

I still recall that one summer night in July... Lizzo's bop '2 B Loved' was blaring through the radio and everything in my room was completely calm, until it wasn't. It was that kind of night in which I was missing Harry and I was feeling depressed.

'Do I love him, or do I hate him?' I asked myself, only to realize I was thinking out loud and Sophie had heard me.

" Girl, please don't tell me you're still thinking about Harry when things between James and you are doing so good right now?! " She exclaimed, portraying a disappointed face. Coincidentally, Halsey's latest song 'So Good' started to play at that very moment and I once again couldn't help but to give Harry a thought. 

When you left, I bet you held her body closer

And I was hopin' you would tell her it was over

You're all I think about and everywhere I look

I know it's bad, but we could be so good

Couple years flashin' by

And I'm doin' okay

In the back of my mind

All I hear is your name

I bet you're happy and that's fine

But I regret just one thing

I never got to change your mind

" Please, that's hilarious. " I laughed off Sophie's insanely accurate suspicions. " Of course not, I'm so over him. "

" That's so good to hear. " Sophie teasingly emphasized the song title, knowing that I resonate the lyrics with Harry.

And do I think about the one that got away?