𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗽: 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻

❝ 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈'𝐌 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈'𝐌 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 ❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: so it's been 10 chapters so far in the span of 13 months and honestly due to my past inconsistent updates i've provided with, it's a given that a recap is a necessity before heading fowards with the new chapters i've written these past 2 days.

let's have some fun and allow me to reenact the recap from isabel's pov. let's spill the tea ( this will never not be cringy, and by that i mean my spill the tea phrase 🤧 )

anyways, I'm sorry for re-uploading this again 15 minutes later. glitchpad deleted like half of what i wrote and i had to go back and restore 400 words...

( ISABEL'S POV... duh )

You know, I could go back to every laugh Harry and I ever shared, but in all sheer honesty, I don't want to go there anymore. I know all the steps up to his house right next door, but I withold zero interest in heading there anymore. 

If he needs to talk so badly, then why won't be just talk to the wind, or talk to the sky, since he seems to percieve himself as the guy with the reasons why. Maybe then I'll allow him permission to tell me about what he found out about himself besides how badly he fucked everything up. 

It may seem as unlikely, but it rained that summer night he took off to New York last year (2021) and I stood there like an idiot, right beside his house, hoping he'd repent his decision and come back and be here with me in L.A. I stood there like an idiot, hoping he'd come in with the rain.

Funny thing is that's not even where his mistakes all start, so I guess we shouldn't discuss and flashback summer 2021 until a later chapter. I believe the story of Harry and I left off during the midst of the covid-19 pandemic. Isn't that right?

I don't know what else I could say besides how devastated I was after learning Harry and his family ( which consisted of his mother and his brother Max ) had moved to England with their Aunt Louisa. 

Aunt Louisa was Harry's father's sister. Being a critically acclaimed author, she felt more inspired to write in London rather than a hyper, chaotic Los Angeles. That explains why she had moved halfway around the country; for the sake of her career.

Aunt Louisa was at such a fragile state mentally when the pandemic had begun to take place in March 2020. She was afraid that she was capable to drink herself to death with all the anxiety the worldwide virus crisis had brought upon. Harry's father, Mr. Goldwyn, suggested that his wife and kids keep her company.

Mr. Goldwyn decided that as much as he loved his sister, wife and kids, that as a doctor, it was his duty to stay in Los Angeles and help maintain the state of Coronavirus. This was ofcourse risky and his family's greatest fear was that he and his selfless actions would contract covid. Harry constantly feared that he would lose his dad.

The pandemic, quarantine and worries of his father contracting covid tied all together at the crevices of Harry's mind, he fell into depression for a while. He wasn't the same person he was before and refused to speak to me about his insecurities, rarely ever willing to show me his vulnerable side. There goes the saying boys don't cry.

Incase you haven't noticed yet, Harry had asked me to be his girlfriend a bit before the start of Quarantine. The entire relationship thing was so new to us both and we were so unsure of how it all worked. As you can imagine, we were even more unsure after quarantine took place. Long Distance Relationships rarely function properly and all they really are are false fantasies, so what could possibly make the fate of two fourteen year olds any different?

Fastfoward to 2 years later, picture this: the year is 2022 and the month is August. Most have become immune to covid and new medicine has been a huge help to maintaining good health. Schools worldwide are able to re-open again and life picks up exactly right where 2020 left off, except the last part is just a lie my bestie Sophie Chen has fed me.

No Sophie, it is impossible for life to pick up exactly where 2020 did. If that were true, then I'd be an 8th grader paving way for graduation and Harry would still be my boyfriend. Instead I'm a junior at Hollywood Performing Arts High, living the life of an aspiring singer-songwriter with quite the determined ex who's guts I absolutely hate.

Last week my friend Ash Summers ( who happens to be Harry's cousin ) unintentionally hosted a 'who hoo, August slipped away into a moment in time, welcome to Sucktember'. Yes ladies, enbies, gentleman and any gender identity in between, that was the genuis title of the party Ash gave their party. If you don't believe me, I posted the living proof on both my Instagram story and tiktok.

It was no surprise that Harry was bound to show up to his own cousins party. What I didn't expect was him to get drunk and make out with some hot girl the entire time. Okay, that's technically a lie, that's pretty much the persona he's instructed to give off from pressure of our peers, so I guess I can't exactly be too pissed about that.

I also just realized that if I seem pissed about something stupid like that, then it seems like I still have feelings for that idiot, which I don't. Please let it be known that I feel nothing for Harry at all. He can go make out with every single girl in the school, see if I care...

Speaking of what an idiot he is, Harry being drunk and all allowed him to finally face me and came along with a failed attempt to apologize for everything. Time was wasted driving him home, as he tried to kiss me everytime there was a redlight. Oh, what an idiot indeed.

I can't exactly reveal much further than this, or else the next chapter would be spoiled for you dear readers. I will say this though, the next chapter will reveal the moment I knew that our relationship was done with. In fact, breaking up was never my brilliant idea to begin with. Whoops... I shouldn't have revealed that. Yeah, well, Harry is sort of a dumb ass and we all know it. End of discussion

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝  𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐑... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 ❞