"What was that for?"

Indiana James POV:

I ran off back into the locker  room to grab my wallet, but when I walked in, Adam was sitting there in tears with coach talking to him.

"Adam? What's wrong?" I asked urgently, as I walked over to him. He stayed quietly but when I looked down I saw he had a bandage wrap. "You're hurt? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

He didn't say anything.

"Don't you trust me?" I asked. "Adam, why wouldn't you come to me? I would have helped you." I reasoned.

"I didn't think I needed help.." He voiced quietly.

"Still. I'm your best friend. You should be able to come to me about this. We've been best friends for years, you should've known I would be there for you."

"I'm sorry, Di." He said guiltily. I smiled at him.

"Don't apologize." I told him. "This isn't me trying to reprimand you, Adam. This is me telling you that you'll always have me and like you said, I'll always be here for you."

" I know you'll be." He smiled at me.

"Adam, wear the ace bandage tonight and we'll get you checked out tomorrow." Bombay told him. He nodded slowly as he started to wrap up his wrist.

"How did you get hurt? Why didn't you tell anyone?" I asked.

"At the Iceland game. And I did tell someone.." he  voiced.

"Who?" I asked.

"Well, I told Julie..." I smiled at him.

"That so cute. Anyway hurry up everyone waiting." He finished wrapping his wrist and went out with the rest of the team.

"What took so long?" Guy asked me.

"Don't worry about it." I told him. "Let's just focus on having a good night, kay?"

"Okay." He smiled at me as he slipped his hand into mine and with that, my smile only grew bigger. The team was scattered up and down the side walk. We made our way to the movie theatre and bought our tickets for a movie called 'What the heart wants'. It was supposed to be a rom-com or something.

We walked into the theatre and took our seats. Adam to my left and Guy to my right. And to Adams left was Julie, of course.

We all talked as we waited for the movie to start.

"This movie better be good." I stated.

"I'm sure it will be...even if it's, not it'll still be lots of fun." Guy added.

"Ugh! Why do you have to be such an optimist?" I groaned. He laughed as I threw my head back.

"Hey.. you're wearing your glasses." He noted. I let out an airy laugh.

"Yeah. They're kind of growing on me." I admitted.

"And your hair isn't straight." He added.

"My natural hair is kinda growing on me too." He smiled at me and, of course, I smiled back.

To be completely honest, the only reason I started wearing my glasses and keep my hair wavy because Guy said he liked them. Now, I'm not one to usually care about what others think of me, but it was different in this case. It wasn't like he was making me feel like I should change, it was really him telling me that I shouldn't change.

He was fond of my natural qualities, and that meant a lot to me. As you grow up as a teen girl, you notice all the other girls starting to be different, and it's hard to not follow that standard. When you look around to see all the guys flocking to girls with pin straight hair, and caked on makeup, it makes you think that you're only lovable if you can live up to society's version of beautiful.

I was lucky enough to have someone who made me feel beautiful even when I'm not wearing makeup, or when my hairs not done, or when I run out of time for my contacts and end up wearing my glasses.

"You look good." He complimented.

"You really think so?" I asked, genuinely. "I'm not even wearing much makeup."

"Good." He replied softly. "You look good either way, but I think I like your real face better. You don't even need makeup anyway."

"You're crazy.." I answered while laughing. "How else am I supposed to cover up my eye bags?"

"Indie, you don't have eyebags." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I know...because I'm wearing makeup." I reasoned.

Our banter ended there when the lights finally dimmed and the movie began. I rested my arm in the arms rest and focused on the movie. Just then, I felt guy slip his hand into mine. I would never get tired of holding his hand. Ever.

——
The movie ended and we all walked out of the theater and down the concrete sidewalk.

"That wasn't horrible." I admitted.

"For you.." Guy joked.

"I'm not ready to go back yet." I mentioned.

"Well, where do you wanna go then?" Adam asked.

"I dunno, anywhere. We can go to the pier." I suggested to the team.

"I'm down." Fulton agreed.

Everyone ended up agreeing on going down to the pier. We walked to the board walk and tried to find something to do.

"Like my hat?" I asked Guy while turning to him.  He made a face at me and then proceeded to reprimand me about stealing. It was really funny,actually.

"Relax, Germaine! I actually bought this one." I laughed as his face went pink with embarrassment.

"Oh..." He smiled sheepishly at me before I grabbed his hand to go check out some car show that took place down the boardwalk. Guy had always had an interest in cars, so I knew he'd get a kick out of this.

It was a good night out with the team, and it was even better than any other night because Coach extended our curfew just for that night. I figured the guilt was probably eating him up.

"Ring toss!" He called out. "Here, let me try this. I'm real good."

"Okay, let's see how you do." 

We approached the game and Guy paid for 3 rings. He threw the first one and got it around the bottles, then he tossed the second one, it almost missed the bottle but ended up sitting perfectly on the bottle , then he threw his final one and he got it effortlessly.

"Pick your prize, kid." The carnie told him.

He pointed to the penguin stuffed animal, holding a heart. The carnie handed it to him, and he immediately handed it to me.

"You won this for me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah." He answered while blushing. "And... right now, I'm hoping your favorite animal is still penguins."

I smiled at him and then leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"What was that for?" He asked while rubbing his neck.

"That was for winning me a prize and..." I leaned over and kissed him again "That was for remembering my favorite animal."

"Wow..I guess I won myself a prize too." He smiled down at me and I took his hand once more to meet back up with the group to go back to the dorms.

I had never felt so happy. I loved feeling so at home with him. I don't deserve someone as amazing as him...but I sure am glad that I have him in my life.