"Shoot.."

*time skip: D2*

Indiana James POV:

"Hey Char?" I called out.

"Yeah?" I heard from the back room of Hans shop.

"Do you know where Mr.Amersons skates are? He brought them in to be sharpened and now he's picking them up."

"Yeah, they're at the front desk under the counter." He called back. I walked to the front desk and handed Mr.Amerson his skates.

Charlie and I had been 'interning' at Hans shop for some time now. His mom had just gotten married so he had been spending a lot of time there, and My dad had been working a lot of extra shifts and I hated being alone so I was always either with Adam or Hans.

It had been months since I had talked to Guy. It never hurt any less. I missed him every day. It was different than the first fall out between us, but this time was worst. I had thought I could prevent this from ever happening again, but the truth is I couldn't. I had gotten used to him being around.

A few minutes later Adam came in.

"Hey guys, wanna go to the mall?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" I replied.

Charlie and I were about to grab our bags before we heard Jan clearing his throat behind us as he wheels out an entire rack of skates that needed sharpening.

"Forgetting something?" Jan announced.

"Oh, right." Charlie voiced.

"Shoot." I bit my lip.

"I suppose I could let you finish these tomorrow.." Jan replied.

"Yes!" I cheered. "You're the best Jan!"

"Thanks Jan!" We grabbed our bags as fast as we could and headed for the door.

"Want anything from the mall?" Charlie asked.

"A box of candy, but make sure it's-" Jan started.

"Sugar free." Charlie and I finished in unison. Jan loved candy but was a diabetic, so it had to be sugar free. We had gotten used to his candy orders by now.

We walked to the mall together as we talked about how Coach was supposed to be returning from the minor league due to a knee injury.

"I doubt we'd even have full team anymore." I voiced.

"Why do you say that?" Adam asked.

" I mean, Karp and Peter moved away, Tammy and Tommy went back to figure skating, and Terry does soccer now."

"Oh, yeah. I guess you're right." He replied.

"When am I not?" I boasted.

"Do you really want us to as we that?" Charlie asked.

I glared at him and he just laughed.

We walked into the mall and looked around, scanning all the shops to see where we should go shop first. We walked around for a bit before the boys had spotted someone they knew. I couldn't hear who. But all I heard was "hey look, it's..."

I followed them as they walking into some random shop for girls. They walked up to some kid looking at some jewelry. They tapped him in the shoulder and he turned around.

To my luck, it was Guy. Why my friends put me in situations like that? I'll never know.

"Hey, Guy!What are you doing here?" Adam asked.

"Looking for a gift for Connie. She's mad at me...again." I looked down at my hands but saw him glance at me from my peripheral vision.

"Ah, what'd you do now?" Charlie teased.

"I don't even know, man. I had asked her to stop being flirty with the video story guy and she got all defensive." I snickered silently. Just his luck.

As the boys talked I got distracted by the pet shop that had recently opened. I had never seen it before.

I gasped, then ran over to it. It was puppies galore. I was in awe. After gawking at the puppies for a while I had decided to walk back to the guys. Who were still, unfortunately, talking to Guy.

"I'm just getting tired of it, Y'know? Everything I do makes her mad." He complained. I had not an ounce of sympathy for him.

"That's rough, man." Adam replied. "You wanna walk around with us?"

I discreetly rolled my eyes. I had to bite my tongue from what I was about to say.

I placed my hand on both Charlie and Adams shoulder and had said: "I am actually gonna head home guys."

"What? Why?" Adam asked.

"Don't worry about it." I replied. "I am just gonna grab Jans candy and take off. You guys have fun though." I gave a half hearted smile before walking off.

For months now, the boys couldn't hang out with Guy because he couldn't be around me, and they felt bad leaving me out. So I decided to just leave. I felt insanely guilty that they were stuck with me all the time. So I let them be alone that day.

I was positive that Guy would not have stayed if I was there. And if he did decide to stay if I was there, it would just be too much to handle. He definitely wouldn't talk to me or anything. So what's the point?