"I don't remember how her voice sounds."

Guy Germain POV:

"I think, I think my dads wants to get remarried." She said softly.

"Oh...really?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's been seeing this woman, Lori, from work, and I asked him if he wanted to marry her and he said yes." She explained.

"Isn't marriage a good thing?" I asked while folding my clothes and putting them in my suitcase.

"I guess, but what's gonna happen when my mom come back?" She asked. I looked at her and frowned.

"Indie.."

"No, I know what you're gonna say. She is gonna be back. I know it. She said she'd never leave me. Not- not forever. She wouldn't." I saw the tears form in her eyes. "I just don't want her to come back and see that we've moved on, and think we don't care about her. Then she'll just leave again."

"Indie, you deserve to move on. She left you. You don't owe her anything, if she loved you, she's still be here." I reasoned.

"No, you don't get it. She does love me. She said it all the time. She has to be back. I know she will be." I could tell she was having a moment. Indie tends to fantasise about realities that would be ideal for her, but sometimes those thoughts take over her mind and turn into manifestations and she convinces her self that it's true.

"Indie do you want me to be honest with you?" I asked reluctantly. She nodded her head. "I don't think she's coming back. And even if she does, she doesn't deserve you. Or your dad. She made a decision; an awful decision at that, if she cared she never would have left."

She just broke down crying. I felt so awful.

"Indie. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." I babbled.

"No, it's not you, it's just...you're right, and that's what sucks the most." I walked over to her and held her tight as she cried into my chest. I could feel her tears seeping through my shirt. I could feel her shaking and her heart pounding.

She finally settled down after a few minutes.

"Are you okay? I've never seen you break down like this over your mom." She wiped her eyes and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm- I'm okay. I guess it's all hitting pretty hard cause, uhm.." I could tell she was having a hard time getting the words out. "I just realized a few days ago, I don't remember how her voice sounds, and any time I was having a bad day I could just think of her voice, of her singing, of her saying 'I love you, my Indie-babe' and now, I don't remember how that sounds, and I'll never hear it again." Once again the tears started falling from her eyes.

Indie and her mom had a really special bond. It shocked all of us when her mom just took off like that. Indie was her mothers daughter. They looked nearly identical and they were practically the same person. Indies wittiness and her toughness, that all comes from her mom. Her secretive love for Rock n Roll, she got it from her mom. She even wears her moms old clothes sometimes. I remembered the day she came to my house crying that her mom had left, and I remembered seeing her so upset that it made me cry too.

(Flashback) 3rd persons POV:

One morning a knock was heard at the Germaine's front door. Guy was sitting and watching cartoons on the couch

"Oh, hi Indiana, come on in." Guy heard his mom say. She waved out the front door to Indiana's dad. "Your daddy says you need someone to talk to?"

She nodded.

Anna walked into the living room and sat her and Indie down next to Guy.

"Turn off the cartoons for a second,babe." She told Guy. He got up and turned off the TV, then sat back down.

"Why are you crying?" The innocent boy asked.

"My mom left." She said while wiping her eyes.

"Left to where?" He asked, not understanding the situation.

"I don't know. My mom and dad were fighting a lot today and then she left." She sniffled. "I don't think she's coming back." She cried. Guys mom hugged her tight.

"I'm going to make you some hot chocolate, okay?" Indiana nodded at the sweet woman.

"Why'd she leave?" Guy asked. She shrugged.

"I dunno, but I really want her to come back." She started to wail again. Guy looked at her and started to tear up. His best friend in the whole world was so sad, and it made him emotional too. He leaned over and hugged her and she hugged him. They were crying together.

Guy rubbed her back and begged her "Please don't cry, Indie. Please don't cry." Now it's not that Guy was annoyed or bothered by the crying, but he hated seeing his best friend so upset.

"And worst of all, when she left, she left her favorite perfume, midnight crest, and I use it all the time, but now it's almost gone, and I'm pretty sure it's discontinued..it's like the last thing I have of her and it's almost gone. " she voiced quietly.

"Indie, I'm really sorry." I apologized.

"It's ok, Guy." She said sincerely. It wasn't okay. It wasn't at all.

"No, it's not okay. When we stopped being friends when we were 9, that was right after your mom left, and I wasn't there for you. I'm really, really sorry." She gave me a faint smile.

"It's okay, really. You're here now." She reasoned. "That's enough for me."

I leaned over and gave her a hug and she hugged back.

"Y'know, for all thoes years I only prayed for 2 things, to have you and my mom back." She voiced quietly. "God gives us what we need, so if he decides to never give my mom back, figuratively, then that means I don't really need her, but he gave me you. So, I guess that means I really need you." My eyes started to well up as-well. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

Indie was everything to me. In all that I do, I think of her, I'm just glad I can be there for her when she really needs it. I leaned over and hugged her for the 3rd time that night.

——
After our little cry fest, her and I walked over to where the park together, where the bonfire was being held. Most of the team was there already and were roasting marshmallows.