"Not afraid,huh?"

Indiana James POV:

The next week was really fun, yet, really awkward. Guy and I were getting closer and it seemed as if Connie was jealous. I didn't get why she hated me so much, Guy and I weren't even like, a thing. Even if we were, she broke up with him.

The day of the Iceland game came quicker then anticipated, and I was thrilled. I had been keeping up with the news and the papers and had been seeing what the media thought of team USA.

In The Los Angeles Times they wrote: "...Team USA reigns victorious! The team from Minnesota has been putting their best foot forward during this tournament. However, many Team USA fans grow nervous as their game against Iceland approaches. There is no doubt that Team USA is doing an exceptional job so far, but The Vikings have been throwing their weight around on that ice. This upcoming game will be a very close one..."

We regally took our places behind the bench as we waited for the game to start.

We took our spots on the ice as we waited for the puck to drop.

When the puck dropped, Dean skated over to one of the Iceland players and he fell to the ground. It was clearly not a genuine fall. Dean called his bluff "Get up fool!"

"You ran at him unprovoked!" The ref called out. Dean, confused, turned around to face the ref, but accidentally knocked him down, which led to him being kicked out of the game.

Red hot rage washed over me as the team yelled at the ref.

After Dean was escorted out, the face off was taken again.

When the puck dropped Iceland gained possession of the puck. Not on my watch. I skated hard down the ice was was able to gain possession of the puck and change the direction of play. I skated down back the towards the Iceland goal.

"I'm open!" I heard Charlie yell. I passed the puck to him, but right as I did I was cross checked from behind and knocked down as the Iceland player fell on top of me. I laid on the ground with approximately 200 pounds of boy laying on top of me. I felt the weight being lifted off my back and I took a deep breath that sent sharp pains through my chest.

"Indie, are you okay?" I heard a voice ask me. I rolled over onto my side and looked up to see Guy next to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay."Guy extended his arm down to help me up, which I accepted. He heaved me up back onto my skates. "I can play."

"You sure?" The ref asked me. 

"I'm sure." He nodded and the game resumed.

Ever breath felt like being stabbed from the inside out. But I pushed through as much as I could.

At some point during the game the pain became too much. I skated over to the bench to beg coach to sub me out.

"Coach, I need to switch with someone. It hurts.." I said in between pants.

"This isn't time for complaining, James. Get back out there." I scoffed, not out of anger, but out of pure exhaustion and pain. I winced at every breath.

——

Adam skated down the ice with the puck at hand. He faked out one of the Iceland players and scored the first and only goal we made that game. We all rejoiced, but our joy was put to an end when Adam was hit on the arm by one of the Iceland players.

He bent over a little out of pain and we all skated over to him to see if he was okay. He said he was, but I didn't believe him.

Adam was the most unlucky person I had ever known. He could never catch a break.
——
Finally the game ended, I was in so much pain and coach hardly let me even sit out. It was unbearable.