Quick Recap of Book One

I'm not going to recap the whole story, this will be super fast. I'm just throwing out names and the basics as a reminder in case it's been a while between books. 😁

We have the good guys:

Owen: Former spirit and badass hunter, now in his very own, brand spanking new body, yay!! But, shhh! The mimics don't know that yet!

Bash: He hasn't been hunting mimics long, but he's ready and he's pissed. Not only did a mimic kill his dad, now four of them have the girl he likes and his friend held captive. They're planning a big meal that includes Bash and Lilla.

Lilla: Although it's hard to tell with this witch sometimes, I'm going to list her with the good guys. Her motives can be questionable, but she's definitely on team kill-the-mimics!

Emily: Bash's love interest, who's currently scared and confused. She didn't know anything about mimics until she was being held hostage by them at Bash's house.

Nolan: Maybe not the bravest guy, but a loveable goober and a good friend to Bash. He's being held with Emily, before that he was just as clueless as her.

Lauren: Nolan's girlfriend and friend to both Emily and Bash. Still clueless about mimics and probably safe at home painting her nails.

Now for the bad guys:

Catriona: The first mimic and Lilla's sister. Currently, a few hours away so Shay could sneak up on Bash and Lilla. Catriona didn't want Lilla to track her and know they were coming.

Shay: Catriona's son who she was pregnant with when she was cursed. Currently, at Bash's house with three of his friends having fun scaring Emily and Nolan. They're ready for dinner but waiting for Bash and Lilla—that'll make four hearts for four mimics.

Mimics in general: Living their lives, blending in with people, working, and making friends. Until they get hungry, then people are food.

Something New:

For book two with my favorite hunters in two separate bodies, I'll be switching the POV as the story dictates. I hope you're excited about that because I am!!

The goal:

Kill Catriona. She was the first, the source of the curse. According to Lilla, kill Catriona and they'll all turn to dust. Lilla should know, she accidentally played a major role in creating the mimic curse.

Ready?!!

The first book ended with Owen and Bash in Owen's basement. They were rushing to get to Bash's house to try and save Emily and Nolan. Owen summed it up with the last line of book one: "Let's go. People to save, mimics to kill."