Artemis slightly frowns seeing how he hates talking about his mother and how damaged the sidekick was. She put her hands out in front of her, nearly placing them on the hot metal that slowly began radiating heat towards her. Back in the edges of her mind, she wondered how bad it would hurt if she did so. Would the ends justify the means? Probably not.

Mason: "Y'know a warm shower might help."

Artemis looked up at him.

Mason: "I–I mean!"

He looks away from her and blushing.

Mason: "That hot water can raise your external body temperature faster than hot air can."

His blush deepened, and Artemis smiled and chuckled at the look on his face.

Artemis: "Yeah, that's true, But that feeling when you step out of a warm shower...not something I want."

Mason: "Makes sense."

Minutes of silence passed between them as they sat in front of the old metal heater, both of their hands placed in front of them, as they tried to get warm. Eventually, Artemis could feel her skin starting to thaw. Mason eventually removed his coat, and sat it on his lap. Artemis peeled her over shirt off, and then stuck her covered toes towards the heater.

Artemis: "Hopefully this night will be warmer than the last,"

"I hope so, After all–"

He glanced behind them to the unmade bed that stood just behind them,

Mason: "–we will be sharing a bed." 'That billionaire orphan planned this shit from the start.'

The only reason for the single bed was because of the cost. A double bed room would have cost more money than they had wanted to spend, and they both reasoned that they could handle sleeping in the same bed plus Batman was stingy with the money (He indeed planned this). There was nothing to it, nothing to be self-conscious about.

But as with the past few days they'd spent searching northern Russia for the alien meteorite, they both couldn't help but feel a strange heat kindling between them. Artemis and he would lay in bed for long hours for a time, trying to see if one another slept soundly, and eventually they'd nudge closer to each other in search of warmth.

And Artemis would nudge the back of his legs with her heel, and feel heat rise within her when she felt him stir in his sleep. Artemis kept telling herself that nothing was going on. But it was pointless to tell herself that. Denial was futile. She'd had a crush on him ever since she saw him that night when she'd been welcomed to the team.

And it had grown stronger as time passed: when he had held her away from the lava in the magic castle, when she had fought him so many times in training, them watching a movie after the Harm incident, when she had joined him all those nights ago when he felt weak after his session with Black Canary and needed someone to talk to. Artemis couldn't deny it; she had it bad for him.

Artemis: "Well this is nice."

Artemis said after a while, her attempt at conversation lame.

Mason: "Yeah..."

He replied. Nothing more, nothing less.