Chapter 54 Part 1

Hello! Hope you enjoy this update!

Rain

"What about our original insurance? We're already here anyway."

Jace gave me a long indecipherable stare after saying that.

For my part, I returned the same look. When it became evident I was expected to reply to his last statement, I leaned back against the sofa slowly. My head turned to him.

"I thought you don't want a child?"

Jace raised a brow, "I thought I get to decide my insurance?"

I shrugged, "Fair enough, I guess."

There was an awkward pause, at least from my end. I wasn't sure when I crossed my arms over my chest while I was leaning against the back of the sofa. My hands shifted to rubbing my arms, and I glanced at him.

I scrunched my nose, "Like... like right now?"

For his part, this male looked to me pretending he didn't understand what I meant, "Why not?"

I frowned fully, glancing around the room, "In broad daylight?"

Jace laughed, the sound a low and raspy amusement.

"Yes, people do it all the time. Nothing wrong about that. You're probably the weird one."

The last part was unnecessary. And realizing that reply, I raised and, eyebrow before narrowing my eyes into slits.

"Have you done it during the day?"

The man paused, opened his mouth, and promptly shut it. And the questions came to my brain in quick sequence.

"With whom? How many times? With—?"

Jace put a hand up, "I'm not answering those. No, Isla."

The sudden block to the conversation actually upset me. "Now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't know much about you."

"Ask something else."

"How many girlfriends have you had?"

Jace groaned, "That's the same as the other questions—"

"It's not," I defended, annoyed now. Then I paused. "You're also not going to answer that are you?"

Silence.

"This is kind of upsetting," I murmured, pursing my lips. "Fine, don't."

Another bout of silence as I looked at our wedding picture, "We should probably put that away safely for now—"

"Three."

I immediately straightened in my seat, "You had three girlfriends?"

"What's with that reaction? So interested, aren't we?"

Jace was playing with me at this point. I narrowed my eyes into slits.

He cleared his throat, "I slept with three women. You can't exactly call them girlfriends though."

I was surprised with that reply, Jace immediately noticed.

"See? You also don't like this conversation too."

We stared at each other.

"I'm pretty sure at least one of them was your girlfriend. You're right. This conversation is upsetting."

Jace actually nodded in agreement.

"So, which one of them did you sleep with in broad daylight?"

The man laughed, then shook his head, "Not Claire. I'm not naming more people."