Chapter 33 Part 1

Hi! It's been a while:)

Island

"I'm not going to offer to help you again. You would regret marrying him."

I had thought it would make it easier for me to think of the marriage as a choice that I, myself, made.

But the truth was... I was miserable. I hadn't contacted Anyna after that. Neither had she contacted me.

What's more awful was having to watch how my dad seemed to grow happier the closing the wedding date came. He was more talkative during our breakfasts and dinners. He had insisted that we always took it as a family considering I was moving in with Jace as soon as the wedding ceremony was finished.

He liked to brag about the latest deals the hotel had signed, the coverage Prestigio was getting as everyone was curious of the family the Blacks were going to associate themselves with. He was smug, shoveling food into his face and seemed to show more affection to my mother than I was used to seeing.

Mom was in a state of quiet contentment too. She glowed with the attention my father showed.

And grandma sat at the head of the table, tolerant of the childish behavior my dad was showing.

Everyone seemed to be happy.

Everyone with me being the exception.

Because with the sudden liveliness inside our mansion, I seemed to die a little more. There was a clawing disquiet caged inside my head. It ripped and ripped at my sanity until my head was a constant dull throbbing that I hated.

I kept it quiet. Held my tongue a little more.

And no one said a word about it. If they actually noticed.

But knowing my parents, it was better not to hear from them. Especially not from my dad.

Frighteningly, the wedding day came. And at five am, I was boarded on a helicopter with the private island resort as our destination.

A private island wedding. No expenses were too big. The Blacks had insisted on paying for everything.

But other than flaunting wealth, it served an its practical purposes also. It was a safety precaution. With the guest list, what were the odds of some crazed lunatic busting into the venue looking to kill, kidnap and make easy cash? It would also be unlikely for paparazzi to have enough resources to venture so far into the sea. Security was at maximum, arranged to patrol the island via boats and a chopper the whole ceremony.

The island was undisclosed to even the guests until three days ago. A cruise ship was suggested during one of the guest conferences for their transportation, but all four hundred of the attendees had opted to go private at their own expense. This was double the number compared to the engagement party.

It was amazing if one really thought of it.

And if you analyzed it a little more, it meant no escape for me.

How creative could I be to escape from an island in the middle of nowhere?

The wedding was at four in the afternoon.

My parents had gone on ahead yesterday night, to check on the venue. And I arrived at the island at 9 am sharp. A four-hour ride by myself and some security staff.

There was no time to rest. Not when I was ushered by resort staff into my private suite.

And there they were, my glam team.