The Mirror Has Three Faces

Start from the beginning

-

Isabel was at her apartment, studying for yet another math test, but her brain was too addled to pay cosines any attention.

Emily moving into Mrs. D's house?

The same house she lived in not too long ago...

Suddenly, her phone beeped, and she picked it up.

'Caleb tried to tell Spencer's mom about 'A'. Can you talk sense into him?' -Hanna

Isabel immediately called Caleb. "What the hell, Caleb?"

"So I'm guessing Hanna told you," he sighed.

"Yeah, she did! Why would you do that? Why would you come this close-" Isabel snapped, getting up and pacing.

"Because I'm sick and tired of 'A' hurting the people I care about. First you, then Hanna," Caleb scoffed. "I love you, Isabela. This is why I'm doing it."

"You're doing it? Caleb, you know 'A' won't disappear if you tell Mrs. Hastings about her. 'A' will only retaliate, and you'll be the one who ends up hurt," she argued.

Caleb was quiet for a moment. "Okay, I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

-

Isabel and Aria went over to the address that Caleb had traced. Aria was on the phone with Hanna, whose mother made bail a while ago, and they seemed to be talking about Jake, who Aria was now dating.

"Okay, well, if I don't get back soon, he's gonna think that it's weird," she sighed. "I mean, 'Gone With the Wind' took less time than this fro-yo run." She paused. "Fine. Oh, but can you please check in on Emily and see how she's doing? Spencer said she was pretty creeped-out when she left." She paused as Isabel held the slip of paper up to each building with no luck. "Thanks. I'll talk to you later."

She finally found the right address, but then bumped into a girl with boxes. "Oh! Excuse me," she apologized. "Sorry."

"You from the management company?" the lady scoffed as Aria walked up.

"We're here to-" Aria began.

"Because I told the lady on the phone I'll move out, but as far as-" the lady went on.

"No, no... we're here looking for someone named CeCe Drake," Isabel explained.

"Well if you find her, let me know," the lady spat, mood suddenly sour.

Isabel and Aria exchanged a confused look. She knew CeCe?

-

Soon, the three of them were moving boxes.

"When CeCe dropped out of UPenn and left for LA, she was still paying rent," the lady explained, putting a lamp in her trunk. "At least, I thought she was."

"She dropped out, or..." Aria frowned.

"She was kicked out?" Isabel finished, vaguely remembering something like that.

The lady straightened, turning to face Isabel. "How'd you know about that? I thought you said you weren't really 'girls' with CeCe."

"No, but my ex was her ex," Isabel explained, and the lady shook her head sadly.

"Well, be glad that you're not dating him anymore. CeCe would've killed him, and then you," she sighed, picking up another box. She then turned to Aria.

"Our friend Alison was friends with CeCe," Aria replied.

"So you two are Alison's friends?" the lady scoffed as she gathered a couple blankets. A car's horn honked at at her, and she yelled, "You want the spot?! Move a box!" Then she turned back to the girls. "Well, then you know."