BONUS: Chapter 45: The Next Hale Alpha Has Been Chosen part 2

*Derek*

Stiles deserves this. He's been through so much. So many negative experiences and yet he still helped others. Wanted to help others even when some would not return the favor.

Stiles will be a fantastic Alpha. 

I don't think  I'd make a good choice. That's why I talked to my mother. 

~Flashback~

I knocked on mom's office door. I have something I need to talk to her about. I've been discussing my thoughts with Jordan and it's helped me understand a lot. 

Mom opened the door and let me in. 

"Derek, what's wrong?"

"I need to talk to you about being an Alpha potential." 

She nodded for me to continue. 

"I don't think I'll be a good Alpha. I'm very dependent on Jordan. I don't talk much to most of the pack. I don't keep tabs on them. I can't really express myself well and talk in front of everyone, trying to give orders. I can't."

She nodded taking in what I was saying. 

"You don't believe you are ready?" 

"No Ma'am. I know you are not stepping down soon and I know you don't have a choice yet or at least one you voiced. I thought I'd just inform you what I was thinking. In all honesty, I don't want to be Alpha unless absolutely necessary. I don't think I'll be ready for that kind of life-changing event right now. I can only focus on one of those at a time."

"And what current life-changing event are you going through currently?" 

"Having a baby," I whispered. 

Jordan and I have been trying to start a family knowing now that I can get pregnant. After my most recent heart, well we think it took. 

My mom had this big smile on her face. 

"Are you sure?"

I nodded and we hugged. 

"I will take all of this into consideration when I do end up making my decision. Now go spend time with your mate, Bear."

I smiled at the name before turning around and leaving. 

~end of flashback~

Now, Jordan and I have our two-year-old daughter, Oli, to think about and take care of. As well as a son on the way. 

Stiles is going to be great at this Alpha thing, even if he doesn't know it yet. 

*Peter*

I woke up to a feeling of panic and a tightness in my chest. 

Stiles.

I reached my arm over to his side of the bed and it was empty. That caused me to sit up quickly and look around for my stressed mate. It's the day of the power transfer ceremony. He'd been increasingly getting more worried with each pack that showed up to witness the transfer. I found him on the floor huddled in the corner. I glanced at the clock as I slowly got out of bed. 

2:00 AM blinked at me in red. 

I got closer to Stiles, I could hear him gasping for air. 

"Stiles, focus on me, Sweetheart," I spoke as I pulled him into my lap and began to rock.