Chapter 17: Firing Squad

*Stiles*

Today's the day. Peter's going to meet my friends, officially. Face to face. He's going to meet Aiden, Ethan, Jackson, and Lydia. I hope everything works out alright. Ethan and Jackson probably won't care, Jackson might make a few jokes. Lydia will the protective card I'm sure. Put him through the wringer. I shiver just at the thought. Lydia can be intense when she wants to, especially when she's already intimidating all on her own not to mention she's also a banshee that can blow up a guy's head just by screaming. 

"Stiles, are you alright?" 

"Nervous."

"Why? I'm just meeting your friends." 

"No. You're not just meeting my friends. You're meeting the firing squad." 

"I met Chris Argent and survived. I can meet your friends." 

"You've clearly not met Lydia Martin before. She's scarier than Chris." 

"I highly doubt it." 

"She's mated to Aiden Carver and he's afraid to get on her bad side." 

----------------------------------------------------

"Finally. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who your mate is. Knowing Derek knows them doesn't make it easier. I can't just seem to place my finger on it. Glad you're letting me meet them today." Lydia said when she saw me come into view. We decided it would be best for them to meet outside. That way if anything were to set off the supernatural aspect of anyone the woods would take the destruction and people in the public are less likely to see. 

"Meet us." Aiden quietly corrected though Lydia just ignored his input. She's just too excited. I honestly have no idea as to why though. But it's Lydia that should be explanation enough. 

I just chuckled at their antics and glanced behind me where Peter was slowly following. He won't admit it but I know every time he meets someone in my life he gets nervous. Honestly probably why I met his whole pack at once. He stopped when he got next to me. 

"Guys, this is my mate. Peter Hale. He's Derek's uncle." I turned to my mate, 

"Peter, this is Aiden, Ethan, Jackson, and the terrifying queen herself, Lydia."

"Nice to meet you." Peter barely got out before Lydia practically exploded, 

"Derek's Uncle?!" She was so close to banshee levels with the screech. I'm not sure if she meant to blurt that out or not. Or if the tone she used was intended to sound angered or disappointed. I mean I know he's older than I am. I know that he's the Hale Pack's Left Hand. But I don't have control over all of this. The Goddess picks people to place together. Weighs their souls and see whose puzzle pieces fit best together. 

*Lydia*

Derek's Uncle. Stiles' mate is Derek's uncle. What the hell? 

"Derek's Uncle?!" I shouted. Damn it I didn't mean to speak out loud. I guess I now understand Stiles' no-brain-to-mouth filter meaning. I honestly don't know how I feel about this situation. I know the Goddess herself picks mates for a specific reason. But he's so much older. I just don't understand. I don't know how I feel. It's a set of confusing feelings, but I am happy for Stiles. My reaction of course doesn't look like it showed that.  Looking at my friend, I can see that he curled up on himself. Damn it I made it worse. He probably was already really nervous and anxious about this meeting. In his head probably had all the disapproving things he thought we were going to say or the negative way we were going to react. In his mind at least. I didn't mean to cement that in his eyes. Because I truly am happy for him. He, out of everyone I know, needs this. Needs a soulmate. Someone who he can speak with and give him unbiased advice. Hell Peter's the one who convinced Stiles to hold that conversation with Scott and Allison. For himself, not for Scott's benefit. So Stiles could get closure. So Stiles could start working through his own emotions and on how he feels. Not how everyone else feels. 

"Sorry. I just wasn't expecting Peter." I honestly have no better way to word that. 

"Meaning she wasn't expecting someone so much older." Peter translated. He understood at least. I think that was working through Stiles' brain a little as he relaxed his posture some and focused on us. Got out of his own head. 

"To be fair, her reaction was a hell of a lot better than Laura's." 

Laura Hale? I've heard she's a bitch and I can't imagine how that conversation went. Peter just nodded in agreement moving closer to Stiles to give him some silent support. It's interesting seeing how the mate bond is different for each person. Peter is like a protector. Another thing Stiles needs, a thing he hasn't had in his life for a long time. A role he plays for everyone else, even when he doesn't have to. 

"Wait. Does that mean you're part of the Hale pack?"-Aiden. That's actually a good question. 

"Apparently I always have been. My mom and Talia were best friends. "

"Which might be some of the reason why Scott's Alpha pull didn't work on you. Well, along with you being human and all."I chimed in. I mean if you think about it it makes sense. Stiles had an Alpha already, way before Scott was turned. Way before Scott became a True Alpha. 

"Could be." Stiles agreed. And we continued to have a normal conversation. It'll still take some time to get used to Peter. But might not be too hard. But I wonder if we're part of Stiles' pack, does that mean we're also a part of the Hale pack?