Chapter 13: The Beginnings of a New Family Dynamic

*Lydia*

I've removed myself from the McCall pack. After that talk with Scott and Allison and the fiasco that was, they began pushing me away. That's when others started to notice. I chose to basically live at the Stilinski household, I barely stay at my own home. Some people forget I get nightmares too. Forget that when I'm sleeping I can't tell the difference between a nightmare and a banshee vision. Though when Dr. Verlac shows up and the walls of Eichen House are surrounding me I know it's a nightmare. The hole in my head stings and I wake up in a panic. Most of the time Aiden is dead asleep. I'm not Ethan, so he can't tell as easily. Sibling/twin bonds trump consummated soulmate bonds apparently. Though I find it slightly strange that Stiles can pick up on it. But he has them too, though with his he doesn't sleep much leaving him time to observe. Anyhow, with this move I wasn't fighting Aiden on it. 

~Flashback~

"Why are you packing?"

"Scott and Allison clearly don't want me here. My mother is really busy and doesn't care if I'm home or not."

"So you're just leaving." 

"I'm going to Stiles." 

"What, you sleeping with him now too?" 

I slapped him across the face. 

"Me and you are soulmates. I do not look at anyone else like that but you. Stiles is like my brother. I enjoy his company. I enjoy the new family atmosphere there. It's refreshing. A change in pace. Sorry if I'd rather spend time somewhere I'm wanted.  I actually understand how Stiles was feeling from the Nogitsune up till recently when Scott kicked him out." 

"And what about me? I'm still not on board with Stiles' whole situation."

"I know, which is why I'm not making you leave. I'm not asking you to do anything you don't want to do. If you don't want to attempt talking things through with Stiles to get his side then fine. If you don't want to deal with it, fine. I'm still yours. We'll still do things like we always do. You'll know where to find me."

I grabbed my bag and left. I hope he realizes what's going on sooner or later. I hope he finds the will to listen and at the very least have a conversation with Stiles. He doesn't have to forgive him. I actually think Stiles would rather him not forgive him, to be honest. 

~end of flashback~

Now I've been with Stiles, the Sheriff, and Chris for weeks. Every single one of us is healing. It's getting better for all of us, especially Stiles. He escapes to his room when the family emotion gets too strong and he talks to his mate. Derek has come to pick him up a few times, I think he takes him to his soulmate. Meaning Derek knows who it is. How come Derek gets to know? I want to know. 

"Hey Stiles." 

"Yeah." He said glancing at me. 

"Does Derek know who your mate is?" 

Silence and he knows he's a shit liar.

"He does. How come he knows, I want to know." 

"Lyds...." 

"No. I would at least like to know who your soulmate is, even if you decided I can't meet them."

He sighed. 

"Hold on. Derek's not your mate, is he?" 
"What, no. Derek's mated to Jordan Parrish. I thought you knew that." 

"Just making sure. "

"No, it's not Derek. He only knows because my mate is a friend of his."

"Fine, when can I meet them or know their name at the very least." 

"Once my dad meets them." 

"Oh come on Stiles, work with me here." 

"Patience Lydia." He laughed. 

I don't think I've truly heard Stiles laugh like that since before the Nogitsune. For that, I can wait. 

*Aiden*

Ethan, Jackson, and I were actually hanging out away from McCall, his hunter mate, and the house. I'm starting to think Lydia was right in leaving, in taking  Stiles' side even though I don't know his side of the situation. She's right though, I should speak with Stiles, it has to be different than Scott and Allison's story. 

~Flashback~

"He's a monster. Still planning on killing Allison and Aiden. He can't be trusted." 

"He gave up a bullshit apology because that's what he thought we wanted to hear." 

"That doesn't really sound like Stilinski."-Jackson

He has doubts about this. If Scott really is an Alpha, he should know better. Even being Stiles' best friend, he should know better. But it seems like Lydia's the best friend in this scenario. 

"He's got Lydia so wrapped around his finger, I'm sure they're fucking. Neither of them care about soulmate bonds."-Allison

Not true. 

~end of flashback~

"Aiden, you okay?"-Ethan

I looked at my brother and his mate. 

"Just thinking." 

"About?" 

"Lydia." 

" You two still not back to the way you were entirely?"-Jackson

"More along the lines that she was right." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Picking Stiles side. She's less blinded by the bullshit coming from Scott and Allison." 

"And we aren't?" 

"I think the three of us are just desperate to fit in." 

They looked at me shocked for a minute before it sunk in a bit. Probably more shocked at the fact that I was the one who said something. 

"Okay, what's our move?" 

"Talk to Stiles. Get his side of this whole thing."