Chapter 25: Interlude V

A/N: Just did some editing/spelling errors etc.

*Peter*

Derek tensed up and shut us out. And walked away from us. I grabbed Stiles before he followed Derek. 

"Come. We're going to respect his boundaries. Remember?"

"Oh." Stiles nodded and I tugged him back to my room. 

"Now what?"

"Now the two of us need to have a conversation."

"About what?"

"Your reaction to Ennis' decision when it came to Paige. Why your reaction was so strong."

He sighed sitting down on my bed. I sat next to him quietly. The best way t get this conversation started is for Stiles to start and navigate it. 

If he's going to start it at all.

His scent is confusing. A mix of sadness, anger, insecurity, and mostly anxiety. His heartbeat is faster than normal. I need to do something before he falls into a panic attack. 

"Stiles," I spoke softly, but he flinched pretty bad still.

Almost like he forgot where he was. 

"Stiles, breathe. Talk to me. What's going through your head?"

"Why would he just do that to her and then leave her for dead? Isn't the bond stronger for supernatural creatures? Werewolves in particular?" 

"Yes, the bond and everything it entails is stronger for us. We feel everything stronger. Our own side of the bond as well as our soulmates' side. Their feelings as well. Of course, it gets stronger once the bonding bite is given. However, what I'm guessing Ennis gave Paige was a forceful bonding bite with Alpha intent in the wrong spot." 

"What do you mean?"

"Normally, the mating bite or mark is placed where the shoulder and neck meet. For werewolves that spot signifies equality. Beta bites are given normally somewhere on the torso. Omega bites to the leg or ankle. Sometimes a bite is given to the wrist over the pulse point to signify Betas that you see equal to yourself. From what I know, Ennis used his Alpha superiority and ego to turn his mate but saw her as beneath him. Since she was human and if she became a wolf she'd of been a bitten one, not a born one. Which to some born wolves, generations, seen as a lower class or werewolf." 

"The choice to leave her to die was because of his ego. He believed Paige was beneath him and therefore didn't care about consent or if she lived or died." He huffed with a shake of his head. 

His anger and confusion turned to disappointment with slight sadness. My mate has a bleeding heart. Caring about another pair of mates. A girl he's never met. One from Derek's past. 

*Stiles*

Trigger Warning: mentions of parental death, illness, child neglect, and abuse, attempted suicide

~ Flashback~

Mommy is lying in the hospital bed staring but not seeing. Mrs. Melisa says it's because she's dissociating. Like she's sleeping with her eyes open.  Mommy says that it's my fault. That she's like this because of me. That her and Daddy were fine before I showed up. 

Nurse Melissa says that Mommy's confused and that she doesn't know what she's saying.  But I think she says it to push me away because Daddy pushes me away too. Pushes us both away. He's sad so he works all the time so he doesn't have to see Mommy sick. so his heart doesn't hurt.