Sociability

Sora's POV

It had now been six weeks since I had started classes at this new high school. In six weeks, a lot has happened.

For starters, we ended up beating some cheaters at a card game, and through that learned the truth about the system behind this school.

Knowing this, it was inevitable for us to unite our class if we were to have any hope of winning the game by moving up to class A.

So we united the different elements of the class, using different methods. We even discovered how other classes worked.

We went as far as beating the president of the student council both to fill our wallets and to convince the future leader of our class to unite with us.

And finally, we managed to survive the first wave of exams through a technique as ridiculous as it was creative.

In other words, we were now at 300 class points and there were still a few weeks to go before the end of the first semester. Our first special exam was certainly approaching fast, so I had to be ready.

It was currently a Thursday evening, it had started to rain lightly and the sky had turned quite gray. Shiro had once again been invited on a girls' night out, and despite her initial hesitation, she had finally convinced herself to go. Although my sister's absence was still painful to bear, my symptoms had regressed and my attacks were becoming rarer and rarer.

While my habits regarding our relationship improved, other habits of mine remained the same. I currently found myself with two open pizza boxes and sodas, watching a video on my mobile with my butt on the floor and a blanket wrapped around me.

I guess my sister had become more sociable than me...

While I was concentrating on my video, I was slightly startled when I heard someone ring my doorbell. Shiro had only been out for 30 minutes; had she already snapped and preferred to go home?

I paused my video and stood up, walking towards the door, the blanket around my shoulders, as if I were wearing a king's cape. I put my eye to the small lens to see who was on the other side and my heart stopped in its tracks as I saw the face that appeared before me.

Instinctively, I even took a few steps backwards, bumping my hips against the small shoe table, almost falling backwards, my blanket leaving my shoulders and falling to the floor. I picked it up, folded it quickly and put it back on my bed.

On my way to the door again, I saw the pizza boxes lying around and quickly wanted to pick them up and send them to the kitchen. But if I did that... the person might leave!

Not knowing what to do, I decided to leave them as they were and hurried to open the door. When the door opened, a sweet perfume attacked my nose as her pretty blond hair with rosy tips shone before my eyes.

"Hello Sora-kun... am I disturbing you?"

This gentle voice was that of the beautiful Ichinose Honami who had visited me all the way to my dormitory. Me, who tended to imagine and anticipate all kinds of scenarios, could never have believed this one!

"Ichi- Honami?! Can I help you?"

My voice was slightly too powerful; I was embarrassed myself and knew I had to calm down. I coughed slightly and tried to correct myself.

"Excuse me... would you like to come in?"

Ichinose seemed a little lost, but she accepted the invitation with a smile. She placed her shoes next to mine and headed for the bedroom. As for me, I was lost, still holding the wrist of the door, now reminded of what a mess my room was.