King's Plan

**2 weeks earlier**

One week before the announcement of the class points. It was late, Sora and Shiro were as usual playing in their room. But playing was only secondary at the moment, what they were doing mostly was thinking about what to do next. They knew that in addition to the announcement of the results, written exams were approaching soon and although they were not worried about their own results, they knew that part of the class could potentially be excluded.

Both Sora and Shiro understood that in order to compete with the other classes in this school they could not afford to lose members of their group. It was like weakening an army.

"Mhh..."

The room was silent, all that could be heard was the sound of fingers pressing the buttons on the console. They had already played several games together and as usual when Sora and Shiro played against each other, it was only draws.

There were games in which ties were impossible, but they still ended up drawing in the number of wins. Sora eventually won the game, tying with his sister who had 21 wins so far.

"Phew... It's hot."

Sora scratched his head, he who refused to get a haircut had to endure the summer heat on his head. He put his hands on his legs and decided to stand up.

"Do you want to drink something fresh Shiro? I'll go get us something from the vending machine downstairs."

"Iced Coffee in that case..."

"Are you sure? We have to get up early tomorrow."

"At this point, coffee doesn't do anything for me anymore, it's just for taste."

"I see..."

Sora almost felt regret at seeing his sister's body in such a state. He felt partly guilty. Fortunately she was still young and could return to a more normal rhythm now that they were in this school and had to adapt to a much more "human" pace.

He left the room and went downstairs to the vending machines. There was one not too far from the entrance to the dorms so he didn't have to go very far. It was dark and the only light sources there were in this dark night were the street lights that were set up all over the place as well as the strong light of the vending machine.

Sora chose the drinks he wanted and scanned the phone to validate the payment. As he waited against the wall, enjoying the soft coolness of the outside, he heard a light voice in the distance behind the building.

Normally this was something he would not be interested in, but the voice sounded familiar. He leaned against the wall and discreetly looked over. For a man who could anticipate everything, what he saw surprised him for a second even though it was an inevitable encounter.

It was her classmate Horikita Suzune who was meeting her big brother Horikita Manabu. They were not far from the street lights so it was simple to identify them.

"Big brother... Listen to me... The reason I came here was so I could become someone like you. I'll go up to class A!"

Sora could see Suzune talking to her brother in a voice so soft that he almost couldn't believe it was her. It was human nature, all of us had a much more sensitive and sincere hidden side that few people saw.

"Quiet! Your presence here is already a disgrace, seeing you end up in class D... you had no right to do that to me."

Manabu raised his voice a little, the man who was so eloquent and calm at the ceremony seemed to have a side to him as well that few people could see. He grabbed Suzune's hand and slammed it against the wall, she was in such a vulnerable position that it would make anyone feel sorry.